Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 09:47 AM

12 posts, read 25,164 times

Advertisements

I have searched the forum for some Boeing info and cant find specially what I am looking for so hopefully the nice folks here can help me out!

My family is planning a big trip to the area in June to check out the area as we would love to move there, this includes my husband, daughter, parents, aunt and cousins. We are scattered now and would love to be close to one another and we all adore the Charleston area.

My dad works for Boeing doing design and quality up in Philly and is interested in transferring down which seems doable with the new facilities being built - so my question is anyone here work for Boeing and have any tips on who to meet with while we are down in June or best ways to check out the work environment and get himself best set up to transfer down?

Thanks in advance and we cant wait to come be one big happy family in lovely Charleston!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2014, 10:06 AM

1,321 posts, read 2,448,214 times
Call their Human Resources department.

Old 03-06-2014, 02:14 PM

yes thank you, he has but has had a hard time actually getting in touch with anyone or having his calls returned. I was looking for something a bit more

Old 03-06-2014, 02:20 PM

3,256 posts, read 5,281,817 times
I'm kind of confused. Has he received a transfer offer already and you're looking for info on the work environment.. or is he trying to find out how to get a transfer offer?

Old 03-06-2014, 02:37 PM

How to get a transfer offer. He has talked to his people up in Philly but they are saying wait until they release more about the new facility. I guess we are trying to get more of a timeline than anything as to when the new facility will open and how many/ what type of jobs will be opening

Old 03-06-2014, 04:35 PM

1,321 posts, read 2,448,214 times
Honestly, I'd be surprised if anyone on this board could provide you with the info you're looking for.
Again, it seems your best bet would be to call Human Resources. Someone there has to answer the phone at some point...

Old 03-06-2014, 04:41 PM

17 posts, read 24,538 times
Transfers would have to be offered to him. He would have to talk to his manager and see what his options are. Future expansions here are going to happen, yes. When do they take place? Anywhere from 2015 to 2017. Boeing wants to establish 4 new office buildings and 4 new manufacturing buildings, extending the Final Assembly building to allow 2 parallel 787 final assembly lines, expanding 8 flightline spots to 16, and adding a 2-plane paint barn. That was according to the Army Corp of Engineer filing that they did back in December so that's public information. From what I recalled, Boeing has agreed to hire local first then transfer or hire from abroad if they can't find anyone in SC.

Old 03-19-2014, 06:27 PM

19 posts, read 26,323 times
Good luck with that transfer. We have been trying for quite awhile trying to get a transfer. Currently we are under consideration AGAIN!! Just waiting for the day it goes to "no longer under consideration". You can't just transfer....you have to apply for an open position and hope they offer you the job. We have been with Boeing for a long time and also have 30 years experience working on airplanes and still can't get a transfer after many attempts. Maybe this is the lucky one. Who knows. Just don't count on it.

Old 03-19-2014, 07:19 PM

1,074 posts, read 1,669,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucybennie View Post
Good luck with that transfer. We have been trying for quite awhile trying to get a transfer. Currently we are under consideration AGAIN!! Just waiting for the day it goes to "no longer under consideration". You can't just transfer....you have to apply for an open position and hope they offer you the job. We have been with Boeing for a long time and also have 30 years experience working on airplanes and still can't get a transfer after many attempts. Maybe this is the lucky one. Who knows. Just don't count on it.

Where is the Malaysian Boeing airplane ? You probabily worked on that airplane

Old 03-19-2014, 09:05 PM

3,145 posts, read 5,960,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chs2014 View Post
Where is the Malaysian Boeing airplane ? You probabily worked on that airplane

Pakistan...but I REALLY don't want to highjack (seriously, no pun intended).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area