Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 06:23 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,045,318 times

Advertisements

If you live there, you know who I'm talking about.
Sounded like shotgun blasts again this AM. If his parents let him out of the house and he has access to guns, these parents need to have their heads examined.
This kid is obviously a delinquent and probably needs to be put in some type of juvie home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2013, 07:21 AM

3,256 posts, read 5,286,025 times
It's not shotgun blasts - they are working on something over by the pond. I thought the kid WAS in juvie... did he get out already?

Old 12-20-2013, 11:44 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,045,318 times
If we're referring to the same kid responsible for the break-ins, I heard he was seen in a police car yesterday but don't know anything beyond that.
Heard that when he was in FL, he got in some trouble as well. I believe he's only 12 (although I could be mistaken). That's a lot of trouble for a 12 year old!

Old 12-20-2013, 12:10 PM

1,321 posts, read 2,449,999 times
Wow...very sad.

Old 12-20-2013, 02:56 PM

1,372 posts, read 2,052,506 times
This may be the kid...

Police charge 11-year-old suspect in home burglaries - Live5News.com | Charleston, SC | News, Weather, Sports

Old 12-21-2013, 08:34 AM

14,255 posts, read 14,773,589 times
Is the Harbour section of Dunes West behind the gate?

Thanks

Old 12-21-2013, 10:53 AM

3,256 posts, read 5,286,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngolf View Post
Is the Harbour section of Dunes West behind the gate?

Thanks
Yes it is and the kid lives there too...he didn't come from the outside

Old 12-21-2013, 11:19 AM

1,372 posts, read 2,052,506 times
This is my friend's neighborhood. I went to see her a few weeks ago for a Christmas party and of course, she had to notify them I was coming in advance, was her guest, and I had to give my name at the gate. I also had to display a card in my car with my name and her name.

Well, I got the third degree at the gate because the gate didn't have the right name. Not her fault, but the name I go by (which is what she gave em) and the name on my DL are different. The guard was about to call her to ask, but he let me in.

I guess things like this just show you that even if you have a gated community, you are not immune to issues inside those gates . It is very scary that the kid stole guns, regardless of where he lives. I hope he gets some help...

Old 11-15-2014, 05:46 AM

13 posts, read 41,204 times
Hi there, I see this was posted a year ago but I was just a little curious, because we were thinking of moving to that exact section. This sounds so scary and makes me not want to move my children because I would be nervous with what sounds like a loose cannon who likes guns (I just read about the robberies after reading your post). If you have any updates about if this child is still in the neighborhood and school system or if he is more under control now. This really does change my thoughts moving to what looked like a very cute safe place! I really appreciate any info you have.
Thank you

Old 11-15-2014, 03:43 PM

14,255 posts, read 14,773,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lislaw View Post
Hi there, I see this was posted a year ago but I was just a little curious, because we were thinking of moving to that exact section. This sounds so scary and makes me not want to move my children because I would be nervous with what sounds like a loose cannon who likes guns (I just read about the robberies after reading your post). If you have any updates about if this child is still in the neighborhood and school system or if he is more under control now. This really does change my thoughts moving to what looked like a very cute safe place! I really appreciate any info you have.
Thank you

Lis

Dunes West is a lovely, very safe, upmarket area of MTP. Do not base your decision on one troubled youth. They exist everywhere in the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area