Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 06:15 PM

13 posts, read 62,848 times

Advertisements

My husband and are are relocating to Charleston as soon as our house sells in Upstate NY. He is already there, working, and I plan to fly into Charleston in a couple of weeks to surprise him for our anniversary. I'm looking for suggestions for a romantic, amazing restaurant we can go to while I'm in town. We are pretty open to all kinds of cuisine, and being an anniversary, price will be overlooked . Thanks for the ideas!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2008, 07:01 PM

2,501 posts, read 7,763,189 times
Charleston is known for its wide variety of restaurants. My personal favorite romantic restaurant (great food and loaded with ombiance) is 82 Queen, downtown. The outside courtyard with tall plants, brick walkways, and secluded tables is very cozy and "magical" for that special evening.

Old 01-24-2008, 10:00 PM

899 posts, read 3,490,928 times
Been to them all.

"Price will be overlooked." Sure about that?
Ocean Room at the Sanctuary. Ran us $330 for two, dinner only. Stay the night for another $300. It was well worth it. Let me know if you want that one. I'll make a call...

If that seems a little too high to overlook, which I understand, the next best place IMHO, is probably Il Cortile Del Re. You need to let them know it's for a special dinner.

Peninsula Grill always ranks highly, but I find a lot of people looking around to see who is looking at them, a la Hollywood.

Robert's may be a little over the top if you don't like people signing opera while you dine. If you DO like people signing to you while you dine; it beats the hell out of the mariachi bands...

Want something really nice? If it's warm enough, a walk on the beach; The Boathouse on IOP at sunset for drinks on the outside deck (is that oppossed to the inside deck jim?) then dinner inside or move it to Poe's. Casual dress & fun, but then it's just the two of you.

You probably know this, but: Ask the name of the Hostess/Host at the beginning of the call; tell them the circumstances; repeat their name at the end of the conversation; ask for them upon arrival to thank them.

Wishing you much well deserved romance in a place where it's hard to go wrong.
jim

Old 01-25-2008, 05:34 AM

1,889 posts, read 5,429,923 times
Downtown Charleston Carolina's, Cypress are my two favorites.

Old 01-25-2008, 09:09 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,582,560 times
I would agree with all of the above and add Fulton Five.

Old 01-25-2008, 11:03 AM

2,527 posts, read 8,017,980 times
I'll second Fulton Five and Il Cortile. Both fantastic places. My wife's also recommending Cypress as I type this.

Old 01-25-2008, 02:28 PM

899 posts, read 3,490,928 times
DJ, that sounds like a hint from the wife!

Old 01-26-2008, 08:37 AM

33 posts, read 102,797 times
Oak Steakhouse on Broad St is wonderful and Charleston Grill in the Charleston Place Hotel are my favorites - Charleston Grill is great for anniversaries... if you tell them when you make reservations they will probably do a little something special for you... also, they have jazz bands on often and always on the weekend, and a wonderful electic menu... located in the beautiful Charleston Place Hotel on King and Meeting Streets... Il Cortile is wonderful but may not be exactly what you are looking for for an anniversary, small crowded dining room, but excellent Italian food... If price is not an issue, I absolutely agree with what was said above about going to Kiawah for the night and staying at the Sanctuary and eating at the Ocean Room, it is beautiful there and the food is amazing and very much worth the cost.
Have fun!

Old 01-27-2008, 07:52 PM

13 posts, read 62,848 times
Thank You so much to all of you who responded....I'm checking into all of them as we speak and really appreciate your input. I can't wait to fly down in two weeks and sample your suggestions....perhaps we'll even try a few of them!!!

Old 01-28-2008, 01:27 PM

33 posts, read 104,206 times
The Woodlands in Summerville. The Woodlands is South Carolina's only Mobil 5 star and AAA's 5 Diamond dining room. Very nice, and very pricey.

Woodlands Resort & Inn upscale accommodations and fine Dining near Charleston, South Carolina.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area