Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2007, 08:07 PM
tja tja started this thread

17 posts, read 38,869 times

Advertisements

We are moving to Indian Trail this week! We are so happy to finally be on our way. We thought Bell South was the phone company in Indian Trail but were wrong.

What phone service is good? We have had DSL in the past with the land line and it worked out great.

Thanks!

tja
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2007, 08:29 PM

531 posts, read 2,011,939 times
You can use either Time Warner cable or Windstream. Both offer internet and phone...and TW also has cable services.

I use Windstream and have had very good service with them.

Welcome to the area! Feel free to pm me with any questions you have about the area.

Old 06-30-2007, 08:47 AM

462 posts, read 1,843,936 times
I just went with Time Warner because I figured they would be the most practical route, but after dealing with them the last week I am regreting my decision and feel maybe I should have looked into Verizons Fios more. Just put it this way. We scheduled our hookup for our Phone, Internet and Cable TV over 2 weeks ago for this past Wednesday. They called us Tues 3 times to confirm. In my head I was thinking "Weird but who cares their coming tomorrow and were all set." At 4:30 they call and say they can not come because of an issue with installing our phone. So I ask for details on what the problem is and why it can't be done and she can't give me a solid answer but says the phone division will call me by the end of the day with an explanation, but she will sched us for this past Friday for our Cable and internet and next Thursday for our phone. Annoying but I'll deal with it for now. Never did get my phone call with an explanation! So their installer comes out yesterday and proceeds to tell my wife that they are very busy and he can only hook up 4 of our 9 cable outlets. WHAT! Your here why not finish the job. I called Time Warner and they gave me some sorry excuse for why they could not finish the job due to being busy and outages due to weather, yada yada. So now I can to be inconvenienced yet another day to sit and wait for the cable guy. There main excuse was that whoever took the order said there would only be 3 outlets and they were doing me a favor by not charging me for the additional hookups. I call BS. I still have to see how painful the phone hookup will be now to boot, so my suggestion is to look into other options other than Time Warner. Yes, their convienant but their customer service absolutly s*cks! I heard that they were pretty bad customer service wise but I never imagined trying to get my house connected would turn into an episode of the Twilight Zone and they could possibly be this bad.

Old 06-30-2007, 08:02 PM
tja tja started this thread

17 posts, read 38,869 times
Thanks so much for the help. I will look into Windstream first!

tja

Old 06-30-2007, 08:07 PM

999 posts, read 4,653,458 times
Wow, so sorry you had this bad experience. I had a similar phone call about delaying the phone hookup, it was an E 911 thing since it was new subdivision, they had to be sure the address would pop up if we had to call 911 ever. They were very nice on the phone, set a July 3 date to come back if they couldn't resolve it before todays appt, but they managed to get things settled before our hookup today, so they were able to do it all.
Our installer was very pleasant, we only had 4 hookups, but I wanted my computer in our sunroom, and when we got here Thursday we realized there was no cable or phone outlet in there. I asked him how much to get it done in there and would it be able to be done today and he said FREE and sure, he'd do it today!
So, here I am, on the internet checking up on things. Sorry you had a bad experience, but I just wanted to let others know they're not ALL bad at least!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: