Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 01:14 PM

38 posts, read 142,009 times

Advertisements

My husband and I will be moving to the Charlotte area in about 2 months and are currently in a crunch to find a home. The Highland Creek area seems to fit the bill perfectly. Do any of you guys happen to know any of the subdivisions that are in the neighborhood? When we visited, I noticed we drove into what was labled "Highland Creek" but there were other subdivisions within that area. In short, I'm looking for names and reputations of Highland Creek sub-neighborhoods. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2007, 01:30 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,694,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faye_dway View Post
My husband and I will be moving to the Charlotte area in about 2 months and are currently in a crunch to find a home. The Highland Creek area seems to fit the bill perfectly. Do any of you guys happen to know any of the subdivisions that are in the neighborhood? When we visited, I noticed we drove into what was labled "Highland Creek" but there were other subdivisions within that area. In short, I'm looking for names and reputations of Highland Creek sub-neighborhoods. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
You may search realtor sites simply by typing in Highland Creek, and all homes in the entire subdivision for sale will come up, no need to know the other names

Try this link: Real Estate in Charlotte North Carolina - Charlotte Mecklenburg Real Estate, New Homes Charlotte NC, MLS Listings | Helen Adams Realty

Old 07-27-2007, 01:36 PM

Thanks, but actually I've tried that and only homes in the original Highland Creek come up. I do know a couple of the sub-neighborhoods and when I search them, different homes come up. Is all of Highland Creek considered good or do the sub-neighborhoods have varying reputations?

Old 07-27-2007, 01:37 PM

240 posts, read 1,033,279 times
There are different builders in there at different price points. Some of the builders in the 300k+ price point (not sure if that's what you're looking for or not) at St. Lawrence (New Homes in Raleigh, Charlotte & Wilmington, NC & Cincinnati, OH - St. Lawrence (Home Builder)), Shea (Welcome to Shea Homes! Caring Since 1881), Dr. Horton (D.R.Horton - America's Builder), and Hovnanian (New Home Builders - K. Hovnanian® Homes™). If you go to the builder websites and search on the Charlotte area, most of their subdivisions within Highland Creek have "Highland Creek" in the name.

As far as reputations go, St. Lawrence has one of the best reps in the area from what I've heard. Shea has a good reputation as well. Horton gets some mixed reviews, but that might be because of the size of the company and the sheer number of homes they build (more homes built, more complaints?). Hovnanian isn't that big of a builder down here, but I heard some decent things about them from friends who had homes built by them in Pennsylvania.

Old 07-27-2007, 01:37 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,694,379 times
Quote:
Thanks, but actually I've tried that and only homes in the original Highland Creek come up. I do know a couple of the sub-neighborhoods and when I search them, different homes come up. Is all of Highland Creek considered good or do the sub-neighborhoods have varying reputations?
Did you try the link I sent and see all 20 pages of Highland Creek homes that show up? I wish I could help you with other names, sorry I don't know them! All of Highland Creek is good and desirable.

Old 07-27-2007, 01:41 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,912,927 times
lovesmountains is right-- most MLS list it simply as Highland Creek.

Highland Creek is the subdivision; what you are seeing inside are called "villages" within the subdivision. The villages are:
Master's Hill
Montrose
Crosspointe
Signature Ridge

But on realtor search engines, you will see them simply listed as Highland Creek since that is the subdivision name.

I hope that helps.

Old 07-27-2007, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Did you try the link I sent and see all 20 pages of Highland Creek homes that show up? I wish I could help you with other names, sorry I don't know them! All of Highland Creek is good and desirable.
I got it....thanks!....nevermind that other post.

Old 07-27-2007, 01:43 PM

240 posts, read 1,033,279 times
Quote:
I think that Highland Creek, in general, is considered pretty good. PArt of the community is in Mecklenburg County, and part is in Cabarrus. A lot of the new development at this point is in Cabarrus. The Cabarrus schools for Highland Creek are rated very well, so I'd presonally prefer to be on the Cabarrus side. But I think that the Mecklenburg side has decent schools as well, including a new elementary school. But Mecklenburg, in general, has a reputation for having lower rated schools than Cabarrus.

Old 07-27-2007, 01:45 PM

Thanks guys....we should be making another trip to Charlotte next weekend and meeting with a realtor so that should clear a lot up. I just wanted to see what was on the market and the resale prices to try to judge if a home there would be a good investment...and reputations to see if it's somewhere that I'll want to live!

Old 07-27-2007, 06:48 PM

1 posts, read 3,826 times
Default Independent builder rater - jdpower.com

Check out the website jdpower.com - they rate home builders of any size. In Charlotte, the builder, Beazer, is getting bad press. Check it out on the Charlotte Observer website. Also I have heard great things about Kay Casey. Her number is 800-358-9951, website is teamcasey.com. I am looking to buy, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: