Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2010, 06:06 AM

644 posts, read 1,430,469 times

Advertisements

What are some events going on this weekend?? I am off and would like to do something other than the traditional cook-out. I cant find anything on the observer...and the radio stations aren't really talking about anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2010, 06:23 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,513,090 times
Monday Charlotte, North Carolina Celebrates 12th Annual Labor Day Parade September 6, 2010 - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com

Rest of weekend weather is perfect day on any of three lakes.

The Temperature will be chilly Saturday night so it a good time to hit Labor Day Sales
for long sleeve & Jeans purchases. Have a good weekend everyone.

Old 09-03-2010, 06:31 AM

624 posts, read 2,108,507 times
hehehe Labor Events don't sound like much fun. North Korea is suppose to have a great weekly program for those seeking Labor Events.

Matthews Alive After Five
First week of September
The festival is made up of three live music stages, a large arts and crafts area
Matthews Alive Festival Labor Day Weekend Celebration (http://www.matthewsalive.org/schedule - broken link)

Amazing Maize Maze
Saturday, September 4th through Sunday November 7th
Rural Hill Centre of Scottish Heritage
Rural Hill - Center of Scottish Heritage (http://www.ruralhill.net/maze.htm - broken link)

Indian Festival at Knight Theatre
Grown into a big show. Showcases the different ethnicities within Indian subcontinent
Sep 4/5
FOI Charlotte Home Page

Revolutionary War Reenactment
September 4th & 5th
Historic Latta Plantation
Historic Latta Plantation - Special Events (http://www.lattaplantation.org/visit/special_events.shtml - broken link)

Charlotte Antiques and Fine Collectibles Shows
Saturday, September 4th
Metrolina Expo & Fairgrounds, Charlotte
The Finest Art, Antique & Jewelry Shows

Old 09-03-2010, 07:58 AM

644 posts, read 1,430,469 times
LOL....I couldn't edit the topic; after I submitted it i realized my error. Thanks for the ideas....Lake Norman sounds about nice!

Old 09-03-2010, 08:02 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,513,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajjam View Post
LOL....I couldn't edit the topic; after I submitted it i realized my error. Thanks for the ideas....Lake Norman sounds about nice!
I fixed the title for you .

Old 09-03-2010, 08:16 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,017,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryMT View Post

Matthews Alive After Five
First week of September
The festival is made up of three live music stages, a large arts and crafts area
Matthews Alive Festival Labor Day Weekend Celebration (http://www.matthewsalive.org/schedule - broken link)
Just for people that might not know... The festival is called Matthews Alive. It starts 9am on Saturday and Monday and 12 noon on Sunday. I just didn't want any people getting confused and thinking it was only "After Five." Unlesss there is something I don't know, and the festivities only really come alive after five?

Old 09-03-2010, 08:29 AM

299 posts, read 590,125 times
Has anyone been to the Indian Festival? Is it just a food thing, or are there stalls with items for purchase. I'd love to get some stuff for my kids.

Old 09-03-2010, 09:06 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,017,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyonthelake View Post
Has anyone been to the Indian Festival? Is it just a food thing, or are there stalls with items for purchase. I'd love to get some stuff for my kids.
I've never been, but their website does say that they have arts and crafts as well as Vendor booths and a bazaar. So I would think that they would be selling stuff, and the pictures from last year also look like they have things for sale...

Old 09-04-2010, 05:57 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,612,994 times
I am at the lake for the weekend and hope to see Machete on Monday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte