Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 03:33 PM

616 posts, read 1,752,620 times

Advertisements

Hail yes we got hail! We just had bunches of huge hail dumped on us, and some very high winds. The hail was hitting so fiercely - it really frightened me. Glad I decided to stay home and not run errands!

We are a bit N of Lake Wylie, SC, SW of Cramerton, in Gaston COUnty.

Storm seems to be passing ... what's up with you weather-wise?

Sign me,

Grateful the power is still on
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2011, 03:45 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,716,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abcornwell View Post
Hail yes we got hail! We just had bunches of huge hail dumped on us, and some very high winds. The hail was hitting so fiercely - it really frightened me. Glad I decided to stay home and not run errands!

We are a bit N of Lake Wylie, SC, SW of Cramerton, in Gaston COUnty.

Storm seems to be passing ... what's up with you weather-wise?

Sign me,

Grateful the power is still on
Hail yes, ab! I got the hail too. It ranged from the size of a pea to the size of a golf ball.

I heard a siren just before the mess started. Now I'm wondering if Kings Mountain has a tornado siren. I'm used to the police, fire, & ambulance sirens & this was different.

It looks like this is back through Rutherford County.

Old 04-09-2011, 04:10 PM

1,513 posts, read 3,363,229 times
We are seeing come through over here now, near the SC border. Hail is not too big. Large downpour came upon suddenly. Nothing else really going on.

Old 04-09-2011, 04:16 PM

Hi southbound!!

There are big holes punched in the storage chest we keep on the deck ... no sirens here but DH said possible tornado sighted at Tega Cay. Kinda scared to look at the cars and roof.

April showers bring May flowers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Hail yes, ab! I got the hail too. It ranged from the size of a pea to the size of a golf ball.

I heard a siren just before the mess started. Now I'm wondering if Kings Mountain has a tornado siren. I'm used to the police, fire, & ambulance sirens & this was different.

It looks like this is back through Rutherford County.

Old 04-09-2011, 04:17 PM

Round 2 for the hail. It's pouring now & there's more hail, but much smaller.

Old 04-09-2011, 04:21 PM

43 posts, read 143,065 times
We had the hail too....we are in the Lake Wylie/Clover area. BIG HAIL--baseball size down to large pebble size.

Old 04-09-2011, 04:31 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,578,002 times
No pictures?

Old 04-09-2011, 04:33 PM

Camera's in the car! If it slows down out there we'll run out & get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
No pictures?

Old 04-09-2011, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcornwell View Post
Hi southbound!!

There are big holes punched in the storage chest we keep on the deck ... no sirens here but DH said possible tornado sighted at Tega Cay. Kinda scared to look at the cars and roof.

April showers bring May flowers!
So far, so good with the cars, here.

According to this radar map, it might be clearing up for us, but I'll believe it when it doesn't look like dusk. http://www.wcnc.com/weather/radar?ra...ani&img=23&c=y

Ah, yes. . . April showers bring Mayflowers. . .& what do Mayflowers bring? Pilgrims

Old 04-09-2011, 04:39 PM

3,115 posts, read 7,139,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
So far, so good with the cars, here.

According to this radar map, it might be clearing up for us, but I'll believe it when it doesn't look like dusk. WCNC.com | Charlotte Local Radars and Maps | WCNC.com | News for Charlotte, North Carolina

Ah, yes. . . April showers bring Mayflowers. . .& what do Mayflowers bring? Pilgrims
I think we should change that to April showers destroy my flowers. I haven't been out to check the damage to my tulip bed yet, or the house, but the hail was hitting hard for a good five minutes straight. We had all the way from pea size to larger than golf ball.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte