Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 09:05 AM

21 posts, read 146,685 times

Advertisements

Could someone tell me is the express way (Highway I77/485 or etc..) in NC the only way to get from one side of town to another? like going from the North to South side or South or North to Uptown. Can you drive the city roads? I know it is probably faster or less time, but I do not care for driving on the highway unless I have to and have no choose! I heard in Texas it was approved the spreed limit went up to 75/80. That's crazy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2011, 09:07 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,513,090 times
mod note
thread relocated from state forum

Old 04-11-2011, 09:19 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherryhappy View Post
Could someone tell me is the express way (Highway I77/485 or etc..) in NC the only way to get from one side of town to another? like going from the North to South side or South or North to Uptown. Can you drive the city roads? I know it is probably faster or less time, but I do not care for driving on the highway unless I have to and have no choose! I heard in Texas it was approved the spreed limit went up to 75/80. That's crazy.
You do not ever have to take the interstate in Charlotte if you don't really want to. There are plenty of city streets or two-laned highways to take you everywhere you want to go!

Old 04-11-2011, 09:21 AM

2,603 posts, read 5,020,597 times
Quote:

It's very possible to get around without taking the highway and it's often faster during rush hour. Just look at the map and you can see how you get around. What parts of town will you be traveling to.

Old 04-11-2011, 09:30 AM

214 posts, read 399,333 times
49 (Tryon), 74 (Independence), 51 (Pineville Matthews)....all good roads. 74 can pretty much be considered an interstate though. It can be a parking lot during rush hour.

Old 04-11-2011, 11:36 AM

Thanks to everyone post! This is good to know. Great Information jwp1983.

Old 04-11-2011, 11:43 AM

Thanks for moving my post sunnykayak. So when I want to post something where should I go and post it? Still new and learning.

Old 04-11-2011, 11:47 AM

Still looking but it looks like either the South Side or North Side. When I know for sure I will post again. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coped View Post
It's very possible to get around without taking the highway and it's often faster during rush hour. Just look at the map and you can see how you get around. What parts of town will you be traveling to.

Old 04-11-2011, 12:29 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,513,090 times
Quote:
Thanks for moving my post sunnykayak. So when I want to post something where should I go and post it? Still new and learning.
Post in the forum of the area your interested in
For a list of all forums go here http://www.city-data.com/forum/#u-s-forums and choose location your interested in.
We all was new at some point and I have a Tutorial Guide below in my signature feel free to browse it and as always you can direct message me if you need assistance.

Far as this thread topic. There is plenty of back roads many run parallel to the highways. Anytime you would like specific backroads of the area you choose feel free to ask in this thread at anytime and someone will give their opinion.

Old 04-12-2011, 09:13 PM

Default Thanks

Ok. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Post in the forum of the area your interested in
For a list of all forums go here http://www.city-data.com/forum/#u-s-forums and choose location your interested in.
We all was new at some point and I have a Tutorial Guide below in my signature feel free to browse it and as always you can direct message me if you need assistance.

Far as this thread topic. There is plenty of back roads many run parallel to the highways. Anytime you would like specific backroads of the area you choose feel free to ask in this thread at anytime and someone will give their opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte