Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 09:33 AM

1,079 posts, read 2,502,054 times

Advertisements

I will be purchasing more stuff from Lowe's to show my support, and I'm not disappointed.

I find it hard to believe that Lowes pulled their ads based SOLELY on this one group's email. Businesses just don't work that way. I have to believe either more people said something to Lowe's, or they were already thinking about, uh, pulling out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2011, 09:44 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
So the Jihadist will just go to Home Depot to get the pipe for their pipe bombs.

Old 12-12-2011, 09:45 AM

1,253 posts, read 4,715,154 times
(start rant) I hate the Lowes near me (Pineville). EVERY time I go there I can't find a single person to help me. Last week I hit the page button near the key making area and the pager system pages someone over and over again but nobody came. After 10 minutes I gave up.

Contrast to Home Depot (South Blvd) and you can't walk more than 20 feet without someone asking you if you need help.

My parents live up North and they say its the opposite (good service at Lowes bad at HD). Local management issue? (end rant)

Old 12-12-2011, 09:50 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,617,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankTheTank2 View Post
(start rant) I hate the Lowes near me (Pineville). EVERY time I go there I can't find a single person to help me. Last week I hit the page button near the key making area and the pager system pages someone over and over again but nobody came. After 10 minutes I gave up.

Contrast to Home Depot (South Blvd) and you can't walk more than 20 feet without someone asking you if you need help.

My parents live up North and they say its the opposite (good service at Lowes bad at HD). Local management issue? (end rant)
Funny, I've had the opposite experience. My Lowe's is good but Home Depot sucks.

Old 12-12-2011, 09:55 AM

1,079 posts, read 2,502,054 times
^ 'my' lowes is excellent for customer service and 'my' home depot aint bad either.

FYI my lowes is the one in concord near the mall and my HD is the university area one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdub1968 View Post
Jihad in aisle 7.
LOL, I was on a work call when I read that one, busted out laughing.....thank allah for mute!!

Old 12-12-2011, 09:59 AM

763 posts, read 822,412 times
Muslims can watch what they want on T.V.. That is called freedom. Lowes can stop advertising if they want. That is called freedom too. The Florida Family Association can 'request' that companies not support a Muslim theme based T.V. series. That is also called freedom. A state senator from southern California can call a boycott of Lowes for ceasing to advertisin on a show about Muslim -Americans. That is a called trying end the practice of freedom.

Maybe if Senator Ted Lieu would travel to a Muslim country, he would learn that freedom of any sort is not part of their culture. He might also want to stop by France or England on his way back and see how things are going with the Muslim populations in those countries. The Muslim ghettos that have formed over the past two decades are filled with radicals that have not blended into society and have murdered local citizens and caused a welfare state that supports haters of the cultures from which they suck dry with welfare. Unless this ignorant senator is a supporter of Sheria Law, he might be in for a shock and not be such a liberal crybaby about Lowes pulling their advertisement.

America is not Sesame Street where all is smiley and well. If individuals or groups are opposed to the praising of the Muslim culture as a whole, they might be doing so to avoid brainwashing others that this isn't Sesame Street.

I know that there are Muslim citizens that have been excellent citizens in this country and have contributed to society. I have Muslim friends around the world (mostly Indian, Turkish, and Indonesian). I am sorry that I have to live in a state of being vigil and suspicious of any particular group, but, this is a new age. Radical Muslims are entering the country daily from the Mexican border and even Canada with a terrorist agenda. We shouldn't lead the country into a blind society that isn't aware that certain people intend to destroy the infidel from within until we submit to Islam and convert.

I feel sorry for those that haven't opened their eyes and seen the world as it really is. We can't resolve the world's problems with "occupy" movements and other silliness. I am not saying that I am glad that Lowes is stopping their advertising.I am just glad to see that they are able to practice their American freedom to do so if they wish.

Old 12-12-2011, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by businessperson View Post
You are absolutely right. You have every right to boycott and if you feel the need, please do. However, politicians NEED TO STAY OUT OF IT. This is a moral issue, not a political issue. As Christians we have the right to defend our faith, we have every right to voice our opinions to businesses that we patronize. We are not obligated to respect a religion that encourages it's followers to fly a plane into a building killing thousands of innocent people out of simple hatred.
By boycotting, you are actually attempting to punish those that have practiced their freedom of choice in regards to advertising. So call it what you wish, boycotting is a call to protest freedom.

Old 12-12-2011, 10:37 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,617,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Artois View Post
By boycotting, you are actually attempting to punish those that have practiced their freedom of choice in regards to advertising. So call it what you wish, boycotting is a call to protest freedom.
Sounds like you are calling to boycott boycotting. So you are protesting the right to protest.

Old 12-12-2011, 10:38 AM

1,619 posts, read 3,873,572 times
Typical.

Old 12-12-2011, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankTheTank2 View Post

I prefer Lowes, but I use HD for convenience. Anyway, are we off topic?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte