Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 07:19 PM

19 posts, read 20,677 times

Advertisements

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Cozen+...28215&t=m&z=13

Zoom in or out if you need to get your bearings.

I'm new to Charlotte and NC, so I'd like to ask...

Is this a good neighborhood? The homes in the subdivision are worth $130-195k. My home I'm looking to buy would be $135k, new construction. (Debating between True Homes builder or Timberstones Builder)

Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2012, 08:23 PM

958 posts, read 1,724,815 times
http://www.city-data.com/forum/charl...good-area.html

Old 01-10-2012, 08:32 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordak View Post
Cozen Way, Charlotte, NC - Google Maps

Zoom in or out if you need to get your bearings.

I'm new to Charlotte and NC, so I'd like to ask...

Is this a good neighborhood? The homes in the subdivision are worth $130-195k. My home I'm looking to buy would be $135k, new construction. (Debating between True Homes builder or Timberstones Builder)

Thank you
It's not a "bad" area and is actually kind of pretty.

BUT there are a ton of foreclosures on that end on the county and I would be afraid for your investment, as well as for what kind of new residents the foreclosure rate might be attracting. Basically, there are more stable areas I might consider if I were looking to buy.

My best advice - spend some time there after dark and on weekends to see what you see and whether or not you get a good feel for the neighborhood - then decide.

Old 01-10-2012, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCRugbyNo1 View Post
Irrelevant. This post is about a different area.

Thank you LovesMountains

Old 01-11-2012, 09:30 AM

958 posts, read 1,724,815 times
LOL My bad good luck!

Old 01-11-2012, 12:05 PM

6,032 posts, read 9,211,195 times
I wouldn't buy new construction right now..... You could find a nice foreclosure or short sale type situation better appointed and without builder markup on items.

New Construction in this market? You will be in a negative situation in a year.

Old 01-11-2012, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
I wouldn't buy new construction right now..... You could find a nice foreclosure or short sale type situation better appointed and without builder markup on items.

New Construction in this market? You will be in a negative situation in a year.
What if I'm planning to hold the house for a minimum of 9-10 years? The housing market is super low right now, I doubt it will go much lower. I'm not handy at all, I can't fix crap. That's why I want new.

Old 01-11-2012, 01:57 PM

15 posts, read 49,427 times
Like yourself I didn't know much about the area either. I felt the same about the market not going much lower but there are others who disagreed with that opinion too. Unlike yourself I'm pretty efficient when it comes to updating and repairs. I bought new based on my due diligence which included the best bang for the buck. Buying new today and being in a negative position in a year would truly be based on paying too much for buying new to begin with. We ended up buying new in Huntersville and our plan is to stay put for next the next 10 years. I think your right on with your analysis and opinions too! Good Luck!

Old 01-11-2012, 03:44 PM

3,774 posts, read 8,196,373 times
I think the price point is marginal, but that area is not my favorite area of the city.

The area isn't really convenient to anything, and the commercial/retail in that area hasn't "caught up" with the residential yet. There are TONS of empty lots there, so you will have lots of "new build" competition if you have to sell anytime soon.

Not sure what school district you're in, but Gunn ain't a great school either.

Old 01-11-2012, 04:01 PM

1,554 posts, read 3,368,849 times
I don't care for that part of town either. And even if you think it's convenient to work, do you really think you'll have the same job in ten years? You're young and you really should take the solid advice you've been given on this site.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte