Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2012, 10:18 AM

812 posts, read 1,906,980 times

Advertisements

Besides Chuck E Cheese are there any fun/unique kid friendly dining places in Charlotte?

My little DD turns 4 on Monday and we are coming to Charlotte for shopping on Sunday. Wanted to try to find something different to have her special dinner.

We are going to Ikea and Concord Mills and wanted to leave Hickory a bit early and eat a brunch/early lunch beforehand.

I am open to most areas West/Uptown/North/Lake only thing really out of the way is Matthews/Ballantyne side.

We visit a lot but end up at Mimi's Cafe, Steak N Shake, Rock Bottom, Brixx, Nothing But Noodles, Buca Di Beppo it seems!

Thanks for any new places/ideas you might have or that we have missed hearing about!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2012, 10:59 AM

1,452 posts, read 2,990,870 times
How about a Japanese steak house? Those are entertaining.

Old 03-29-2012, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdub1968 View Post
How about a Japanese steak house? Those are entertaining.
Great idea except the kids aren't big fans of the FLAME (and much to my chagrin Hubby isn't a fan of oriental food). I could take them another time without him though--we have them here in Hickory.

Old 03-29-2012, 03:41 PM

184 posts, read 467,198 times
Cowfish, SouthPark - I know you said no asian, but they offer really good burgers as well -The Cowfish Sushi Burger Bar - Menu
Mellow Mushroom - It's near SouthPark: Mellow Mushroom Pizza Bakers
Pinky's - they have a photo booth and some games up front to occupy the kids: Pinky's Westside Grill - Charlotte Restaurant

Old 03-29-2012, 05:26 PM

2,152 posts, read 6,798,005 times
Mellow Mushroom is a great suggestion. The Ballantyne location has an upstairs area where they have the interactive tables for kids to play on. You can go to Kilwins for ice cream afterwards!!!

Old 03-29-2012, 06:48 PM
amp

519 posts, read 1,515,276 times
My kids have always loved Pikes, which is an old fashioned soda shop. The light rail goes by every so often and it always has a great atmosphere. I didn't see a webpage, but below is their facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/pikessodashop

Old 03-29-2012, 09:10 PM

We have a Mellow Mush here but nothing that exciting in it! Pikes would be great! Forgot about them. Haven't been there since we lived in Clt 2001! It is a bit different when dining out single/dating and now married with kids and not living in the city.

Old 03-29-2012, 09:20 PM

I was checking out Cowfish and I think we ate there a few years ago when the "baby" was still in the carrier! Unless there was another burger place next to C&B 2-3 yrs ago. I remember burgers but not the sushi part and it was really crowded. Prob why we never went back with kids.

Old 03-30-2012, 07:59 AM

1,554 posts, read 3,366,938 times
It used to be called The Counter and was strictly burgers. Then they expanded and added a sushi menu. I was there a few nights ago (we're talking Cowfish) and it was packed with kids and babies. There's a huge aquarium over the bar just as you walk in that kept them all capativated while they waited for tables. As a sushi snob, it's a bit gimmicky but I've always been satisfied. Prices are slightly high but not ridiculous and you do get a lot of food. They also have great drink specials, if you're interested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte