Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 07:29 AM

1,546 posts, read 2,552,562 times

Advertisements

The violent crimes just keeps getting worse around here.

http://www.wsond hectv.com/news/news...g-3-cou/nSttm/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2012, 06:49 PM

821 posts, read 1,855,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandMike View Post
The violent crimes just keeps getting worse around here.

http://www.wsond hectv.com/news/news...g-3-cou/nSttm/
So true. So true. There's no accountability for punks committing crimes. Multiple slaps on the wrist, then maybe some jail time on weekends or electronic monitor and "supervised" probation.

Old 11-04-2012, 11:21 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,205,533 times
I thought when someone shoots at a police officer the police are trained to fire back several hundred times if need be......

Old 11-05-2012, 08:28 AM

42 posts, read 55,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crestliner View Post
I thought when someone shoots at a police officer the police are trained to fire back several hundred times if need be......
Cops are trained to "stop the threat". How that is determined is up to the cop himself. If they can stop the threat without shooting, they can/will. If they're in an area where there could be potential by-stander victims, they typically won't shoot either.

That having been said; I know cops that, if they're being shot at, will empty every magazine within their reach...and then some, if possible. A cop is trained to "make sure they go home at night". A lot of "cop haters" are quick to point the finger when a cop pulls his gun or does something to defend themselves (regardless how extreme) yet they don't care one bit that the cops are actually out there defending you, me, your family and neighbors. That they're up all hours of the nights keeping the roads safe while their families are home alone. That they put themselves in harms way evey time they put on their vest.

Not that you were saying anything bad about cops..haha

I'm getting off my soapbox now.

Old 11-05-2012, 03:00 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,225,652 times
I think cops only do that when there are unarmed people involved.

Quote:

Old 11-05-2012, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemissitaliangirl View Post
Cops are trained to "stop the threat". How that is determined is up to the cop himself. If they can stop the threat without shooting, they can/will. If they're in an area where there could be potential by-stander victims, they typically won't shoot either.

That having been said; I know cops that, if they're being shot at, will empty every magazine within their reach...and then some, if possible. A cop is trained to "make sure they go home at night". A lot of "cop haters" are quick to point the finger when a cop pulls his gun or does something to defend themselves (regardless how extreme) yet they don't care one bit that the cops are actually out there defending you, me, your family and neighbors. That they're up all hours of the nights keeping the roads safe while their families are home alone. That they put themselves in harms way evey time they put on their vest.

Not that you were saying anything bad about cops..haha

I'm getting off my soapbox now.
Even tho my post was less than serious I do think the bad guys need to know that shooting at cops will most likely mean their own death sentence.My SIL a retired cop told me that every time she put on her uniform it was like painting the word "target" across her back.

Old 11-05-2012, 05:04 PM

372 posts, read 723,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMtn View Post
I think cops only do that when there are unarmed people involved.
Poster of the Year Award right here folks.....

Old 11-05-2012, 05:08 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,822,450 times
Call me hardnose..but if someone fires a gun at a cop..and that cop corners the guy and he surrenders..the cop should have the right to execute the jerk on the spot....Those willing to take the life of another should be ready to sacrifice their own life immediately. It is unheard of my day to even disrespect a police officer...let alone fire a gun at them...I say off with their heads...Sorry...for a second I thought I was still king.

Old 11-05-2012, 06:16 PM

A friend lived in Turkey . Once he saw when some bank robbers were chased down by the police they were immediately shot as there was no question as to them being the bad guys... They dont have many bank robberies in Turkey. This is a true story

Old 11-06-2012, 04:37 AM

359 posts, read 592,047 times
Quote:
A friend lived in Turkey . Once he saw when some bank robbers were chased down by the police they were immediately shot as there was no question as to them being the bad guys... They dont have many bank robberies in Turkey. This is a true story
Cool story bro

Cool agenda too

Good luck with your cop hating goals in 2012 and beyond
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte