Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2014, 03:58 AM

1,456 posts, read 4,144,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by holacandita View Post
@Chris Austin these are wonderful. How can we go about purchasing a print of some of these shots?
google "chris austin photography" and click on the link that says "buy prints".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2014, 04:58 AM

343 posts, read 601,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlFlaUsa View Post
I often lurk here, but never post but those last photos are incredible. I enjoyed your fine city for a day last summer, and ended up getting trapped at the Penguin during the filming of Bad Grandpa, so I didn't get to see enough of Uptown. Too bad the mountains are so far away or else I'd consider moving back to the Carolinas to be in such a pretty city.
Come on back! It's an easy day trip to the mountains!

Old 07-11-2014, 12:43 PM

65 posts, read 71,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Austin View Post
Wilkinson Blvd, right by the old Charlotte School of Law building.
Hey Chris, I dabble in the odd bit of photography now and then (arjayphotography.com), but I must say, this shot is absolutely phenomenal! Well done

Old 09-03-2014, 03:31 PM

20 posts, read 37,162 times
Thanks, all. Glad you like em. I shoot the skyline all the time and have a ton of images. You can dig around my Flickr or follow me on Facebook. We even have a Charlotte skyline calendar

Best,
Chris

Old 09-03-2014, 04:04 PM

1,079 posts, read 2,502,271 times
does this count?
Attached Thumbnails
Let me say... I never grow tiresome of Charlottes skyline!-downtown2.jpg   Let me say... I never grow tiresome of Charlottes skyline!-downtown3.jpg  

Old 09-03-2014, 05:31 PM

1,028 posts, read 1,444,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eman1200 View Post
does this count?
Nice shot man. The tress are slowly disappearing lol

Old 09-11-2014, 10:51 AM

110 posts, read 157,958 times
I agree...Uptown Charlotte is really pretty. I was away for 3 years and when I first went Uptown I could not get over all of the changes...it looks so nice. Love all the fountains...cute statues...lantern-look lightening. Very well done! NOW...all we need are so more shops Uptown to make for a fun day of hanging out!

Old 09-11-2014, 11:30 AM

1,508 posts, read 2,979,858 times
One of the things I have come to realize, after becoming a Gaston county commuter, is that Charlotte sits about as far west as a NC city can, but still have "coastal" air. It's only a few hundred feet of elevation difference between Gaston and Mecklenburg... but it's enough that a cool/foggy/misty day is Gaston is a little warmer in Mecklenburg with low-lying clouds.

That creates a lot of interesting effects in the morning as clouds circulate among the uptown towers, or hang just above them.

Old 09-16-2014, 02:10 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,440,526 times
Quote:
Thanks, all. Glad you like em. I shoot the skyline all the time and have a ton of images. You can dig around my Flickr or follow me on Facebook. We even have a Charlotte skyline calendar

Best,
Chris
You have some of the best pictures of Charlotte I have seen. Thanks

Old 09-24-2014, 09:10 AM

65 posts, read 71,850 times
Quote:

Best,
Chris
Hey Chris, I might contact you via Facebook and share my photo efforts there, but had a question. Coming from London (UK), I was constantly harrassed by police and what not if I pointed my lens at buildings (big no no), just wondering what the culture is like here in Charlotte re photography?

I'm a street photographer mainly with some sports, but your Charlotte skyline shots are inspiring me to get out at night.

Oh yeah, I like the view coming uptown along Randolph just as you approach N Wendover intersection, the skyline opens up between the trees...very nice. Also means I'm not too far from the office at that point :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte