Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2013, 10:55 PM

20 posts, read 38,634 times

Advertisements

I just want to thank everyone from this forum for all your help in our relocation. I posted here a while ago that my family was relocating to Charlotte for my husband's job, and I got a lot of great advice here. I went from having no sense of the city and neighborhoods to narrowing down our search, getting preschool ideas, and lining up a sense for what we'd do.

Even more, I got a private message from mod cut: and we asked them to help us find a rental. They lined up about 12 houses for us, visiting them first, for us to tour. We saw 7 of those. Unfortunately those did not work out. They then diligently visited and photographed probably another 10 (or more!!) to help us find houses. It was a very difficult process from afar, and they worked hard to get us an application at a house that wasn't even showing yet, which we are now moving into. They were incredibly wonderful people through the whole thing. I cannot recommend them enough or begin to express my gratitude.

So not only did everyone here help us make a huge transition, but it connected us to the resources we needed to make this big move. Thank you to everyone who spends time on this board and contributes to people like me and my family so that we can build a life in Charlotte!

Thank you!

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 07-20-2013 at 11:07 PM.. Reason: no realtor recommendations on the forum please

Old 07-21-2013, 06:12 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,524,305 times
Welcome to Charlotte! Glad to hear things have fallen in place. Please stay active on the forum - we like to hear first impressions and we are happy to offer info, if you need any assistance.

If you don't mind, would you DM me the name of your realtor, as I would like to know who worked so diligently for a newcomer. That way, I will know I am making a solid recommendation when someone else needs the same type of help in the future.

Again, welcome to the area!

Old 07-21-2013, 10:32 AM

20 posts, read 38,634 times
Thank you! I sent the message. We're glad to move to Charlotte and we'll definitely be seeking more info on this board, as it was so helpful in getting us down there!

Old 07-21-2013, 11:32 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,524,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marpepp View Post
Thank you! I sent the message. We're glad to move to Charlotte and we'll definitely be seeking more info on this board, as it was so helpful in getting us down there!
TY for the DM!!

Do let us know when we can assist or point you in the right direction! Enjoy your summer!

Old 07-21-2013, 11:58 AM

398 posts, read 985,104 times
I would appreciate it if you would DM me the realtor name as well. Thank you and welcome to Charlotte!

Old 07-23-2013, 06:10 AM

14 posts, read 24,879 times
Ditto on the DM, please. Sounds like someone we need to contact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: