Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2010, 10:16 PM

452 posts, read 1,345,902 times

Advertisements

Is there a website in Charlotte where I can find out if my landlord is in forclosure?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2010, 04:57 AM

3,774 posts, read 8,197,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luisdiovany View Post
Is there a website in Charlotte where I can find out if my landlord is in forclosure?
just ask him.

Old 03-24-2010, 05:09 AM

2,175 posts, read 9,171,437 times
If there is a Clerk of Courts website you can find for your county, that is public record.
It should be on there.
You can even find out if any of your friends got a speeding ticket.
If your LL is being foreclosed on it will be listed under Civil trials.
It's amazing what you can find out if you know where to look.

Old 03-24-2010, 05:22 AM

595 posts, read 1,623,055 times
Some counties list all foreclosures online, but I don't think Charlotte/Meck is one of them.

Old 03-24-2010, 07:53 AM

1,435 posts, read 5,769,088 times
DM the address. I have the software.

Old 11-06-2013, 09:14 AM

2 posts, read 2,163 times
My landlord just asked last month if I could predate checks for him to cash as the tenant previously before me did. I told him that it wouldn't be possible, but that I could set him up on my bill pay (recurring payments) for payments to arrive to him by the first. As before I would transfer funds into his account. This is my third year living here. I have always paid him between the 1st and the 3rd, not realizing that once reviewing my agreement payments are due on the 1st and late after the 5th. He would always send me emails along with text messages after the 1st saying "where is the rent check"! Because of this, I was certainly fine with setting him up to receive payments thru my bill pay. In the very beginning, it was he, the LL, that requested monies to be transferred because we both banked with the same bank. This month was the first month that this new method of payment took place. OMG!!!!! He called, he emailed, he text, not giving me a chance to investigate. I emailed him on the first day, that the payment had been processed. Sent him a copy of the transaction and detailing the day that it was mailed. The next day he emailed me an hour prior to arriving at my house, only to upset my 15 year old! He asked her "where's your Mom, she owes me money"! My daughter calls me frantically on the phone asking me questions, while I'm driving home. I get home to find my LL parked in the driveway! I get of my car and he immediately starts telling me that i didn't return his email message. I told him I haven't checked my email, I'm just getting home from 1 1/2 hour traffic! I then told him how I didn't appreciate him talking with my daughter about the Adult situation and upsetting her! I've never not paid him. Payments are always delivered 1-3 days into his a account (weekends cause the delay). I told him that I would cancel that check and transfer funds prior to the 5th, in which I did that evening. My daughter is still upset, wondering why he approached her, please can someone tell me what I can do.

Old 11-06-2013, 09:40 AM

286 posts, read 689,201 times
@1046alil - I would get out of that lease as soon as it over. His actions are not acceptable in any manner. If you have a signed lease which specifies your rent is due on the 1st but is considered late after the 5th, he needs to honor that agreement. In essence you have until the 5th of each month to pay. He should not be harassing you or your daughter. I would call the police if it ever happens again. I take it you are renting from a private owner? If so, his behavior is one I would look into. Maybe he's behind on mortgage payments, in foreclosure, etc.

Old 11-06-2013, 10:30 AM

249 posts, read 499,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1046alil View Post
My landlord just asked last month if I could predate checks for him to cash as the tenant previously before me did. I told him that it wouldn't be possible, but that I could set him up on my bill pay (recurring payments) for payments to arrive to him by the first. As before I would transfer funds into his account. This is my third year living here. I have always paid him between the 1st and the 3rd, not realizing that once reviewing my agreement payments are due on the 1st and late after the 5th. He would always send me emails along with text messages after the 1st saying "where is the rent check"! Because of this, I was certainly fine with setting him up to receive payments thru my bill pay. In the very beginning, it was he, the LL, that requested monies to be transferred because we both banked with the same bank. This month was the first month that this new method of payment took place. OMG!!!!! He called, he emailed, he text, not giving me a chance to investigate. I emailed him on the first day, that the payment had been processed. Sent him a copy of the transaction and detailing the day that it was mailed. The next day he emailed me an hour prior to arriving at my house, only to upset my 15 year old! He asked her "where's your Mom, she owes me money"! My daughter calls me frantically on the phone asking me questions, while I'm driving home. I get home to find my LL parked in the driveway! I get of my car and he immediately starts telling me that i didn't return his email message. I told him I haven't checked my email, I'm just getting home from 1 1/2 hour traffic! I then told him how I didn't appreciate him talking with my daughter about the Adult situation and upsetting her! I've never not paid him. Payments are always delivered 1-3 days into his a account (weekends cause the delay). I told him that I would cancel that check and transfer funds prior to the 5th, in which I did that evening. My daughter is still upset, wondering why he approached her, please can someone tell me what I can do.
I'd find an attorney who could write a simple "leave me alone unless I'm violating the contract" letter.

Old 11-20-2013, 02:10 PM

2 posts, read 2,163 times
@Blondelocks - yes he is a private owner. Thank you for your response, I will definitely look into this, so that I'm not blind-sighted by any craziness, i.e. Foreclosure. My lease ends in July and I'm already anticipating a problem with my deposit being refunded, because of his behavior....just sad.

Old 11-21-2013, 04:40 PM

834 posts, read 1,017,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robhu View Post
If there is a Clerk of Courts website you can find for your county, that is public record.
It should be on there.
You can even find out if any of your friends got a speeding ticket.
If your LL is being foreclosed on it will be listed under Civil trials.
It's amazing what you can find out if you know where to look.

It's mostly useless data unless you have money for investment and sit and wait for things to be short auctioned by banks and the government.. When you can see so much about so many people you find out that outside economics people are just boring, and dishonest about boring subjects while they criticize everyone they know about the thing they are dishonest about..

If you look into people at your local churches for example you'll see most of them are committing financial frauds and adultery while they publicly pass heavy judgements..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte