Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 05:57 PM

5 posts, read 12,526 times

Advertisements

So we are looking at buying a house in the Annandale community. We have a 3 year old and a 7 year old. Is this a family friendly community? Are there other kids their age in the neighborhood? We've also looked in Fieldstone Farm which is right next door, but liked the look of Annandale better and wouldn't have to wait for the house to be built.

Anyone who lives there or has lived either place want to chime in? It's a big decision for us and I want to feel comfortable with our choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2014, 09:02 PM

930 posts, read 2,161,834 times
I can't give you first hand experiece on these neighborhoods, but when we were looking to buy/build a few months ago, we were driving around them all of the time. Annandale, I have never seen anyone outside. We drove through many times during the summer, there was a model there that my husband fell in love with. Fieldstone Farms has many children. They have a very nice waterpark that was packed everyday we were in that neighborhood last summer. The sales office was less than to be desired, we could never get a call back to even find anything out about the homes, other than walking through the models. We ended up building in Glendalough. All of these neighborhoods feed into the same middle and high schools. I am not sure what elementary school Annandale attends, but I woudl think Fieldstone Farms would attend Poplin. All of the elementary schools in our area are good schools. I know this wasn't the answer to the question that you asked, but no one else was answering so I thought I would throw in my two cents. There is a house partially built in our neighborhood that evidently fell through with the potential owner's if you are interested. It probably wouldn't take much more to finish, the outside is complete except for finishes.

Old 02-20-2014, 05:03 AM

Thanks. That's the kind of thing I was wondering. Hopefully someone else will chime in as well.

Old 02-21-2014, 04:42 AM

bump?

There must be someone else with an opinion with this big thread on redistricting going on.

Old 02-21-2014, 05:27 AM

This area is not affected with the redistricting.

Old 02-21-2014, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebalogas View Post
This area is not affected with the redistricting.
Not yet. Although I understand that Porter Ridge is pretty full as it is and they keep building new houses over that way...

Old 02-21-2014, 05:49 AM

630 posts, read 1,717,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onrails View Post
Not yet. Although I understand that Porter Ridge is pretty full as it is and they keep building new houses over that way...
Agree with the not yet. There is a cap on the Middle and High I believe. We are in the Porter Ridge school district. I don't know anything about the neighborhoods you mention but I will say we have had good experiences with the middle and high school. They are excellent schools but bursting at the seams.

Last edited by ~Pajama mama~; 02-21-2014 at 05:50 AM.. Reason: Spelling

Old 02-21-2014, 06:48 AM

There is a cap on the middle school, but not the high school. The other option besides Porter Ridge Middle School is Piedmont Middle. My son went there and it is also an excellent school. It's a win/win situation for us. Both Porter Ridge Schools and Piedmont Schools are great schools. Because we just built our house, our younger son will go to Porter Ridge Middle and our older son, who is in 9th grade at Piedmont has to come back to Porter Ridge High. He will start there on Monday. I don't have any first hand experience with Porter Ridge Middle or High, but I know they are good schools. Both of my children went to Porter Ridge Elementary and I know it is a great school as well.

Old 02-22-2014, 02:30 PM

211 posts, read 708,970 times
We live in fieldstone farm and regularly walk over to annandale or bonterra, as mention we rarely see kids out and about in the front yards. Plenty of kids here. We love the houses at annandale, but they seem to start at the upper end of FF prices.

Old 02-22-2014, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarononymous View Post
We live in fieldstone farm and regularly walk over to annandale or bonterra, as mention we rarely see kids out and about in the front yards. Plenty of kids here. We love the houses at annandale, but they seem to start at the upper end of FF prices.
We did some driving around this weekend in both. I saw kids out in both areas but we really do like Fieldstone a lot. We were actually looking a building one of the basement houses. If we do that we will be on the upper end of the price range in FF. We are kind of worried about that if it comes time to sell, but we are just a hair away from pulling the trigger anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte