Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 09:50 PM

5 posts, read 5,244 times

Advertisements

I will be relocating from the Greensboro, NC area. Looking for great housing options in the Charlotte Union County area with: brick veneer, nice size lots, some trees on property, and low homeowners dues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2014, 12:46 PM

631 posts, read 892,576 times
There are tons of options that fit your description. Can you narrow it down some more? What type of budget are you looking at? Where will work be located and how far are you willing to drive etc?

Old 06-14-2014, 07:34 PM

162 posts, read 181,823 times
And, do you have school-age kids?

Old 06-15-2014, 10:18 AM

5 posts, read 5,244 times
Thanks for the quick responses! Let me provide more details. I will be working in Lancaster, SC. My husband will be working in Charlotte near the airport. My son is 14, plays Lacrosse (Goalie) and wrestles. Budget for a home will be $300,000 to $350,000. Would prefer the drive to be around 30min to work. I understand Union County has be best schools.

Old 06-15-2014, 03:03 PM

162 posts, read 181,823 times
Union County has very good schools, but a lot of controversy is buzzing around school redistricting. I live in a section of Weddington that is not being redistricted, and we've been really happy with the Weddington schools (my kids have graduated). Weddington requires one-acre lots for homes, and a lot of new neighborhoods are under construction. It's convenient to Lancaster, and to I485 for commutes to the airport. Are you working with a local realtor who knows about Union County neighborhoods and schools?

Old 06-15-2014, 06:22 PM

6,319 posts, read 10,345,692 times
I don't think you can get to the airport (depending on exactly where) in 30 minutes at rush hour from anywhere in Union County. I think Fort Mill would give you a slightly better commute to the airport area and they have highly rated schools as well.

Old 06-17-2014, 06:26 PM

97 posts, read 129,993 times
from union county-you cant get to the airport in rush hr in under an hr. Union County schools are not all that plus they will redistrict your kid every 3 years-it's in their plan and what they do and increase taxes for constant law suites. Our property values fell even more. t's not a stable area to invest in. The schools are way over rated but they use it as excellent to get people to move here. Ask most people..they'll say the same..I don't want to have you make the same mistake I and so many others did.

Old 06-17-2014, 07:28 PM

2,221 posts, read 4,393,044 times
^ hmm,not sure if anything you mentioned is even close to accurate..

Old 06-17-2014, 08:26 PM

54 posts, read 92,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZnGuy View Post
^ hmm,not sure if anything you mentioned is even close to accurate..

Well he is right about the traffic (try making it to the airport in under an hr from eastern UC in rush hour traffic)….since 2006, there has been a redistricting every 2-3 yrs, so he is correct about that. they are calling for a tax increase and many home values have fallen off drastically since the redistricting announcement. You may not like what he said but he is pretty accurate

Old 06-18-2014, 05:13 AM

2,221 posts, read 4,393,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Better Than Everyone View Post
Well he is right about the traffic (try making it to the airport in under an hr from eastern UC in rush hour traffic)….since 2006, there has been a redistricting every 2-3 yrs, so he is correct about that. they are calling for a tax increase and many home values have fallen off drastically since the redistricting announcement. You may not like what he said but he is pretty accurate

Well..it takes me 45 min max from Weddington to get to CLT when I leave at 7am, if you choose a home wisely well in a school zone you should not be at risk of redistricting, my home continues to appreciate nicely and my kids got a great education at WHS and looks forward to being a Tarheel next year. Yes I am sure taxes will go up but they are currently very low and have a long way to go to be considered 'taxed to death'..I paid $12k per year back in OH 10 years ago, I'm sure there are many here fro the Northeast will agree that taxes have a long way to go before considering us overtaxed..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte