Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2010, 11:02 PM

467 posts, read 1,496,342 times

Advertisements

Any recommendations? I recently purchased a pistol with the intent to get my concealed carry permit. I spend a lot of time at my properties that are in the "challenged" areas of the city, and I figured it would be better to have it, than not have it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2010, 11:58 PM

23 posts, read 62,308 times
Shooters express in Gastonia has a class, thats where I got mine. Just call them and they'll sign you up.

Shooters

Old 02-26-2010, 07:26 AM

467 posts, read 1,496,342 times
Thanks, that's where I've been going shooting, I guess I should have asked them!

Old 02-26-2010, 09:40 AM

5 posts, read 20,418 times
Shooters is a ripoff. Everything about that place is a rip off. 95% of their pistols can be bought at BassPro or Eagle in Concord cheaper. Same goes for ammo. Their range is a joke. Can't tell you how many times I've had people sweep the bays with their loaded firearms. I do not feel safe there at all.

If you are looking for a safe place to shoot with private access 24/7 check out the Charlotte Rifle and Pistol Club.

CHARLOTTE RIFLE AND PISTOL CLUB

Well worth the money just for the peace of mind alone. They offer CCW courses as well.

Old 02-26-2010, 04:17 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,513,951 times
take the CCW at Shooter's through Jim Grindstaff, he is a super guy !

Old 02-26-2010, 05:30 PM

15 posts, read 41,229 times
DES Training, at www.shootingsafe.com - not only for CCW, do other courses and build real applied pistol skills.

Sam

Old 02-27-2010, 07:44 AM

249 posts, read 499,580 times
Firepower Inc. That's where I got mine. $150 on one weekend. Great class.

Old 07-20-2014, 12:27 PM

1 posts, read 4,303 times
Default CCH Classes

My advice is CharlotteRangeMasters.com - The lead instructor is a retired SWAT Commander and really gives a great class ... Plus, you can't beat the $75 price.

Old 07-20-2014, 03:00 PM

2,364 posts, read 4,870,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Lin View Post
DES Training, at www.shootingsafe.com - not only for CCW, do other courses and build real applied pistol skills.

Sam

I took my SC course from DES about 6 years ago and it was a very good course. Being an older woman I was concerned that I wouldn't be taken seriously, but that wasn't the case and I learned a lot and felt very comfortable with the class and my abilities.

Old 07-21-2014, 06:39 AM

1,585 posts, read 1,930,940 times
Congrats on your purchase and I applaud your want to obtain your CCW. The class is a requirement of the state, but truly just an introductory to the life style change of carrying a firearm. There are a number of fine class instructors but i caution you to only use their words as a basic rule. Before you carry that firearm you should put yourself through many hours of practice with an instructor who focuses on self defense, and how you will carry a gun and continue to hone those skills on an a least monthly basis.
One of the most important steps is to sit down with a NC attorney who works with self defense laws. The class will introduce you to the text of the law and how the state wants it interpreted, the attorney will speak with you about how the law is being applied in the courts and how juries and DA's are likely to react to your actions. It will be expensive, couple of hundred but allot cheaper than a $10,000 legal bill the moment that firearm comes out in real life. Remember CCW instructors weither they have life experience, law enforcement experience, etc.. are not legal professionals, attorneys are. It would be like taking medical advice from an EMT instead of going to a Dr. Pay attention and learn in the class but confirm everything with a legal professional before appyling it in real life.

But as to your request, here are two that I like,

Training | Carolina Sporting Arms
Concealed Carry | The Range at Lake Norman
Both are expensive, but have nice facilities, and lots of follow-up classes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte