Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 09:29 AM

10 posts, read 34,454 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am looking for more information on this development. Any information would really help. We have three girls and I hear the schools in this area are pretty good overral. I am hearing allot about crime but I am from NJ/NY so I don't know if its on the same level or worse.

Thanks allot
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2008, 09:45 AM

2,560 posts, read 8,556,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxxieboo View Post
Hi,

I am looking for more information on this development. Any information would really help. We have three girls and I hear the schools in this area are pretty good overral. I am hearing allot about crime but I am from NJ/NY so I don't know if its on the same level or worse.

Thanks allot
That is in the Steele Creek area I believe. Area is totally fine. Don't know alot about the schools but they should be OK.

Crime is everywhere in all parts of Charlotte. No more than any other city. Be street smart at all times anywhere you are. It is 2008!

Have been here 16 years and nothing has happenned! THANK GOD!

Old 02-14-2008, 01:52 PM

248 posts, read 747,890 times
Steelcroft is down the street from where we moved in - we're fine here. Stats for this area are not high for crime. Quiet. Close to Rivergate shopping. We love it. Check out Waterlyn neighborhood if you're in the area.

Old 02-15-2008, 08:41 PM

111 posts, read 165,584 times
Check out Char Meck PD website. Check out the crime mapping. Steelcroft has big problems to say the least.

Old 02-15-2008, 09:21 PM

578 posts, read 2,599,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjb113072 View Post
Check out Char Meck PD website. Check out the crime mapping. Steelcroft has big problems to say the least.

What? I live over in this area and I have hardly ever even seen police with their lights on.

Old 02-16-2008, 08:10 AM

102 posts, read 313,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by searpr View Post
What? I live over in this area and I have hardly ever even seen police with their lights on.
I live in Waterlyn as well and its quiet and from what I have seen rarely anything going on at least crime wise. Be careful anywhere you are, but I don't have to watch my back as much here as I would say in NY/NJ where I came from.

Steelecroft looked pretty good I looked there before settling here.

Old 02-16-2008, 10:32 AM

672 posts, read 1,831,871 times
Quote:
Thank you for pointing out the obvious before I had to. Yes, big problems to say the least is accurate. While waterlyn is a nice newer neighborhood, it has had its share of robberies and breakins. Now the steelecroft subdivision, well that is a completely different store entirely. The houses are older and some quite rundown plus there was a big story on the news about 6 months back with the GV gang marking their territory all over that neighborhood. The schools zoned for that community are not great either. My daughter was in a class that had 29 children, one teacher, in a crowded trailer in the second grade. Needless to say, I had to pull her out as she was well ahead of her class (reading at an almost 4th grade level) but started to fall behind. She is being homeschooled now. Better neighborhoods in the Steele Creek area would be The Palasades, if you could spend that much (average price for a home is $350K but it is a gated community.)

Old 02-16-2008, 12:35 PM

111 posts, read 165,584 times
Like I said...go to the CMPD website and see for yourself. I am not about to debate the issue, just providing information. You could also go to the steelcroft website Steelcroft Place - Charlotte, NC - News & Announcements and read all the way to the bottom. Then maybe we can chat about the area.

Last edited by cjb113072; 02-16-2008 at 12:44 PM..

Old 02-16-2008, 01:14 PM

672 posts, read 1,831,871 times
Quote:
Like I said...go to the CMPD website and see for yourself. I am not about to debate the issue, just providing information. You could also go to the steelcroft website Steelcroft Place - Charlotte, NC - News & Announcements and read all the way to the bottom. Then maybe we can chat about the area.
and need we say more, "I spoke with a concerned citizen today in Steelecroft who expressed concern over several “problem” households in the neighborhood that are contributing to drug activity, drug sales, vandalism, theft, and burglary. If you were unable to attend the Crime Watch meeting which was held at the pool on August 11th, I spoke on the importance of effective communication between the community and the police department. I touched on the following points." (from the steelecroft website)

Old 02-17-2008, 12:17 PM

578 posts, read 2,599,861 times
I'm going to have to go check this place out. It's far enough from where I live that I've never seen it, but it's close enough that I should have. I thought you guys were talking about the shopping place where Harris Teeter is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte