Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2006, 11:13 AM

5,047 posts, read 5,807,420 times

Advertisements

Hi there
We are in contract with a new house which should be completed by june of 07. Two months ago we put our business on the market and has had some interest, waiting daily for one specific offer, but that company works at a snails pace.Their vp has verbailly committed to bringing an offer our way.

Yesterday we put our own home on the market. Yes, we will put in the contract that we cannot close until the end of the school year. On Long Island the market is cold right now so instead of panicking in March and rushing, I felt it was better to list it now and have a better pace of things.

Dh feels that we are rushing into things ; I say we are trying to cover all bases.

Any opinions.
Thanks
dorothy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2006, 04:40 PM

23 posts, read 59,766 times
I think you're right here. The way the market has been across country it's better to have it on now and deal with possibly selling early than to carry 2 mortgages is better IMO.
We put our house up last June 2nd, and not a single offer till September 20th. That's the one and only offer we got. But I don't know what LI market is like.
We're here now, and I'm relieved!

Old 11-12-2006, 04:47 PM

60 posts, read 126,858 times
I would put it on the market if you are having a house built. We are not moving until the end of June begining of July . Waiting for school to end as well . Our house should be done in Feb .Our Builder is on the fast pace , we were hoping for May ,June but they now get it done in 3 1/2 to 4 months. It may take you a while to sell you current house theres alot for buyers to choose from . We took a decent offer on ours and will have to rent here on the Island for about 5 months before we move down.

Old 11-12-2006, 07:12 PM

15 posts, read 33,708 times
Smile Not Now

Don't put it on the market now. I am a realtor here in NC and was for 5 years in MA. It will look old and stale by then and no one will touch it. Not alot of people looking around that time anyway. Wait until the end of February and then put it on. Price it right and it will sell.

Last edited by rosa5; 11-12-2006 at 07:13 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 11-13-2006, 05:26 PM

414 posts, read 1,381,455 times
You might want to put it on now because Long Island Prices espically hamptons prices are dropping by 50k already and will go down more.

Old 11-13-2006, 05:49 PM

2,314 posts, read 2,837,161 times
I am with the other posters. If you know your moving give yourself plenty of time to sell. Worst case scenerio is you rent for a couple of months.

Good Luck with everything!

Old 11-14-2006, 04:31 AM

5,047 posts, read 5,807,420 times
Yes, we did put it on the market ; the sign goes up today.

Luckily, we are in a very different situation. We have a small 2 family building that one apt is empty so we could at a last resort move in there while we wait.
Thanks for all your advice.
dorothy

Old 12-05-2006, 11:25 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,389,863 times
Can anyone tell us when NC has spring break? I would like to come when my kids have a break but would like to go to the schools for myself while im in Union County..I would like to make sure that the schools are open...I know we will need a few different trips but us too have a house to sell, and dh needs to find a job in NC as well....

Hope this all works out

Old 12-05-2006, 06:13 PM

2,560 posts, read 6,831,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmomof2 View Post
Can anyone tell us when NC has spring break? I would like to come when my kids have a break but would like to go to the schools for myself while im in Union County..I would like to make sure that the schools are open...I know we will need a few different trips but us too have a house to sell, and dh needs to find a job in NC as well....

Hope this all works out
Check out the Charlotte Mecklenberg School website, it seems to have quite a bit of info.

Old 12-06-2006, 09:16 AM

172 posts, read 584,749 times
Union County has both traditional and Year round schools. Here are links to the school calendars for both.
http://www.ucps.k12.nc.us/communications/pdfs/calendars/YearRound_Calendar_06-07.pdf (broken link)
http://www.ucps.k12.nc.us/communications/pdfs/calendars/CalendarTraditional2006-07web.pdf (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte