Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2008, 10:46 AM

2 posts, read 5,804 times

Advertisements

My Cousin's Family 1 Adult, 3 Children And My Family 2 Adults, 2 Children Are Planning To Move To Charlotte This July Or August. We Have Never Been To Nc But Want To Move There Anyway. We Hear So Many Nice Things About Charlotte And Think It Would Be A Good Move For Us. Our Most Concerns Are The School Systems And Employment. I Am Currently Employed By The Dept Of Ed. I Am A Special Ed Asst Teacher, I Have An Aas In Bus. Man. And An Aos In Accting., My Husband Is A Head Laborer, And My Cousin Is A Direct Care Staff For The Mentally Ill. Can Someone Please Give Me Some Info About What Neighborhoods I Should Visit This Spring. I Want To See The Area Before I Decide To Make This Big Move. I Dont Want To Have To Travel Far To Go To The Store And I Need To Be No More Then 20 Minutes Away From A Hospital. My Cousin And I Both Have Section 8. How Are The Section 8 Apts Down There? Up Here Everybody Take Section 8. Please Help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2008, 01:32 PM

379 posts, read 645,109 times
I know nothing about section 8 housing but you sound really excited about Charlotte so I will try to help. The Govt Office that u need 135 Scaleybark Rd, Charlotte, NC 28209
(704) 336-5184. Maybe they can help you.

Charlotte has 2 major hospital systems, Carolinas Medical Center Carolinas Medical Center and Presbyterian Health Information on Gastric Bypass, Women's Health, Heart Disease and more . The main hospitals are in the center of the city but each system has numerous hospitals in the outskirts of town. There is also a hospital system in Gastonia (approx 30 min west), I cant remember the name at the moment, and one in Rock Hill, SC (approx 30 min south) called Piedmont Healthcare Iredell County NC Health Care, Mooresville Medical Care, Statesville Doctors, Troutman Physicians | Piedmont HealthCare . Both areas are still considered (to most) part of the Charlotte Area. I am sure I am missing some.

School systems, there is quite a bit of info on them on this website once you get housing and employment taken care of. I will say that Charlotte/Meck Schools have a lot of comments. They have gone through quite a bit in the past couple years. I think you will find all the area schools have their ups and downs.

Hope this info helps! Hope you and your family love Charlotte!

Last edited by Burgi; 01-04-2008 at 01:35 PM.. Reason: gr

Old 01-05-2008, 06:28 PM

245 posts, read 881,300 times
Moderator cut: off topic
my first piece of advice - VISIT FIRST...that is a big committment to make if you've never been to CLT

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 01-06-2008 at 08:00 AM..

Old 01-06-2008, 07:40 AM

221 posts, read 746,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yolandaporter View Post
My Cousin's Family 1 Adult, 3 Children And My Family 2 Adults, 2 Children Are Planning To Move To Charlotte This July Or August. We Have Never Been To Nc But Want To Move There Anyway. We Hear So Many Nice Things About Charlotte And Think It Would Be A Good Move For Us. Our Most Concerns Are The School Systems And Employment. I Am Currently Employed By The Dept Of Ed. I Am A Special Ed Asst Teacher, I Have An Aas In Bus. Man. And An Aos In Accting., My Husband Is A Head Laborer, And My Cousin Is A Direct Care Staff For The Mentally Ill. Can Someone Please Give Me Some Info About What Neighborhoods I Should Visit This Spring. I Want To See The Area Before I Decide To Make This Big Move. I Dont Want To Have To Travel Far To Go To The Store And I Need To Be No More Then 20 Minutes Away From A Hospital. My Cousin And I Both Have Section 8. How Are The Section 8 Apts Down There? Up Here Everybody Take Section 8. Please Help
My advice is to really visit the area. I left NY 2 months ago to move here. I moved my family of 3 boys here. I love it & they love it (so far). I have visited NY 2 times since and can not wait to get back. But I do have to say I am not working so I do not know what the work force has to offer. I am in a very good school because that was my main concern and focus. It is a new school. Everything is beautiful and clean. But the city is NOT NYC if that is also your love. I was in NYC over the holiday and one day was more than enough for me.
What areas are you looking to move to?

Old 01-06-2008, 10:59 AM

2 posts, read 5,804 times
Thank You For All The Help. I Will Be Visiting Charlotte In March And Would Love A Tour Guide. Are There Anyone Willing To Help My Cousin And I Out When We Visit. I Will Keep In Touch With The Forum To Let Everyone Know When I Will Be Visiting.

Last edited by yolandaporter; 01-06-2008 at 11:08 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte