Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2014, 02:13 AM

1 posts, read 592 times

Advertisements

Hello,
I been living in the Bronx for the past 7yrs. My income 75K, credit score:760. I have about $17.000 in by bank account. Currently selling and buying property in a foreign country (from that deal I would have additional $7.000-10.000. in the next month). All my family is in different parts of Europe telling me to buy an apartment, get a loan at sigh up for a co op. Few random people from work told me I can qualified for some First timers loan, I was on Trulia realizing that I have no idea about anything. Spend the last 16hrs on the computer looking for answers and just got more confused. Found this forum and sign up to talk to people (buyers, sellers, agents). With my knowledge of nothing about the real estate this sort of income should I even consider buying anything? Co-ops, condos? Talk to a listing agent or hire somebody? I pre qualified for the loan of $210.000 with Citi bank. But I was looking at $100.000 studios in Riverdale Bx. Does anyone have any tips for an idiot like me. May be more links I can read. Currently I pay about $1000 and I was never late with my rent or credit card payments. I am very responsible but silly and naive. I`m planing on staying in NY for the next 30yrs so would be nice to own something after all.
If anyone would respond to me please use simple English (its not my first language).
Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2014, 06:35 AM

1,508 posts, read 2,982,326 times
You sound like a good qualifier, but I would advise renting for a year. Learn the city/county well. Then decide what area you like most, and think about purchasing then.

$1000 a month can rent a nice apartment here. If you're OK with a 1 bedroom apartment in a so-so area, you could cut that to $800 and save $200 a month towards whatever you decide to purchase later on.

Old 12-28-2014, 12:02 PM

6,319 posts, read 10,357,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_CLT View Post
You sound like a good qualifier, but I would advise renting for a year. Learn the city/county well. Then decide what area you like most, and think about purchasing then.

$1000 a month can rent a nice apartment here. If you're OK with a 1 bedroom apartment in a so-so area, you could cut that to $800 and save $200 a month towards whatever you decide to purchase later on.
Except OP wants to stay in NY. Hopefully a moderator can move this to the appropriate forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte