Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2015, 07:32 PM

7 posts, read 11,160 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

We're thinking of buying a starter townhouse (Grisham or Hemingway) in the Park South Station community on Archdale and Park Rd. We like the community, the setup, commute to Uptown and the price point.

I would appreciate if any existing home owners can comment on any of the following (didn't see anything relevant on these in the existing threads):

1. Noise levels between townhouses, is there concrete between the townhouses? Do you hear your neighbors even if they are just going about their day in a normal way?

2. Safety around the complex, have there been any major issues or is it relatively safe (heard about concerns due to proximity to south blvd?

I understand the water bill situation was resolved a while back and this area doesn't have the best of schools but we're hoping it will improve over the next 4-5 years!

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2015, 07:26 AM

7,672 posts, read 12,824,033 times
I'm not an existing owner but in regards to the noise, ask the sales person about the materials used. And if it isn't what you want, ask if there are soundproofing options and how much is it. You can try the models by having a person go in the model next door and make noises to see how much you hear. But I wouldn't depend on this as the builder might upgrade the shared walls which won't be used in your newly built home.

As for crime in the area, City of Charlotte and Mecklenburg County Official Government Website (our county gov site) uses this link to show crimes in an area:
CrimeMapping.com - National Map

Old 01-05-2015, 10:30 AM

1,508 posts, read 2,979,858 times
Most of the crime in the area is from car break-ins on South Blvd. The farther you get from it, the less mischief there is.

Old 01-05-2015, 08:28 PM

Thank you both for your feedback, hope to hear from others living in the community as well!

Old 01-05-2015, 09:34 PM

2 posts, read 3,443 times
I've lived here for two years now, so I feel qualified to answer your questions

Absolutely ZERO noise between townhomes, something like 18 inches of space between
each town home between the walls / bricks.

There was ONE crime incident in two years and that took place in the new development which was
close to Archdale - someone was walking down Archdale and there was no fence, so they got the bright idea to walk over from the back and break in.

I really like living here...great location, amazing neighbors, the HOA really cares what goes on in the neighborhood, it's quiet, safe, and the quality / location for the money is hard to beat.

South Blvd is a bit sketchy at night of course but I've never had any issues personally.

Depending on which unit you're looking to get...there is one that's for sale right now from Ryan homes at about $317k I believe...check that one out, really great floor plan and a great deal for what you get.

Old 01-06-2015, 05:19 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,213,226 times
At that price point you could get a real home in Madison Park or nearby that will actually appreciate. I am not big on townhomes for appreciation value with real estate. Now if you are buying a townhome foreclosure and getting a deal.....

Pulte doesn't have the greatest reputation either.

Old 01-06-2015, 07:26 AM

7,672 posts, read 12,824,033 times
The ones the OP are talking about start in the 180's. I agree though, if they were in the 300 ' s in that specific area, I look for single family homes instead!

Old 01-06-2015, 08:49 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,571,777 times
I can't imagine paying $300,000 for a townhouse there.

Most of the units have sold in the high 100's to low 200's. I would want to stay in that range.

Old 01-06-2015, 05:41 PM

Thanks JamesHayworth and everyone else! Like momtothree said, we're considering townhouses starting in the 180's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte