Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 08:59 AM

1,800 posts, read 5,717,131 times

Advertisements

I've met at least four different people/families here, that are from Louisiana! You'll fit right in!
First time I met lovesmountains, she was wearing all kinds of LSU gear! She's just a great person. You must meet her!
Now, which one of you knows how to cook Crawfish Etoufee (sp?)????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2008, 09:27 AM

13 posts, read 42,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankys bbq View Post
Don't worry about getting flak for pulling for the Saints. We have more Pats/Dallas/Saints/etc fans here than we do Panthers fans.

Just don't expect any mercy from me if you're not a Tarheel fan. :P
Well...Dallas...I can live without....but wouldn't mind pulling for the Panthers, when it doesn't involve the Saints. How in the world did ya'll end up with David Carr? I hear you Tarheel fans are a tenacious bunch....just like us Saints & Tiger fans!! So, totally get the "no mercy" bit... GEAUX TIGERS!!

Old 01-11-2008, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmaarten View Post
I've met at least four different people/families here, that are from Louisiana! You'll fit right in!
First time I met lovesmountains, she was wearing all kinds of LSU gear! She's just a great person. You must meet her!
Now, which one of you knows how to cook Crawfish Etoufee (sp?)????
lovesmountains sounds like my kind of gal!!! Also, glad to hear she is a she....would LOVE to meet her!! We can have a LSU garb challenge.... Now, as far as the etouffee is concerned...what kind of cook would I be if I didn't claim mine was the best??? My husband says his is the best...we have an occassional cook-off at our house...you would laugh your a** off!!!!!! It resembles a cartoon...me...I'm the Justin Wilson...a lil bit for da pot...a lil bit for da cook....

Old 01-14-2008, 10:36 PM

5 posts, read 17,441 times
There really are so many people here from Louisiana! I live in Huntersville(and love it!) and am a huge LSU fan and cannot get over the number of LSU license plates that I see just in my neighborhood! GEAUX TIGERS!

Old 01-15-2008, 05:14 AM

79 posts, read 231,779 times
I'm also originally from LA....born in Charity Hosp in New Orleans and later lived on Perkins Rd in Baton Rouge. My uncle and cousins owned a store (Joe D's) which made great Po
Boys and catered to the LSU crowd.

Unfortunately I'm treated as a Yankee since I'm moving to Charlotte (actually Mooresville) from NJ. I'll never forget my southern roots, despite what Katrina threw at us. Steve D.

Old 01-15-2008, 01:32 PM

2,560 posts, read 8,552,153 times
Have cousins in Lake Charles and use to have cousins in New Orleans (relocated to Dallas after Katrina and never returned...to what).

New Orleans use to be a fun city. Crime & murders have escalated since Katrina. Very sad that it will never be the same.

They eat some very intersting things in Cajun Country.

Funny thing too, my great great aunt or so lived in Louisiana her whole life and only spoke Cajun French. This was years ago and of course she has since passed.

Old 01-19-2008, 05:55 PM
BSA

1 posts, read 2,496 times
Default Mardi Gras, good music, dancing

I am not from Louisiana, but love Zydeco and dancing to the music. There used to be much more Zydeco in Charlotte, starting with Buckwheat Zydeco at the Double Door in about 1988. Asheville has much more music and dancing for those that love Zydeco and blues swing. I loved living there, but am back here now and dance deprived.

The Evening Muse had the Carolina Gator Gumbo a month of so ago. They are playing up in Asheville tonight.

I would love to network with other dancers to get a email tree going for meeting for good music and dance.

I am building north of Charlotte, living here now, but would drive the hour for a nice evening.

BSA

Old 01-29-2008, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missyd View Post
There really are so many people here from Louisiana! I live in Huntersville(and love it!) and am a huge LSU fan and cannot get over the number of LSU license plates that I see just in my neighborhood! GEAUX TIGERS!
Hey Missyd, so sorry just now replying to your post. Have made my first trip up there and we decided on an apt in Birkdale Village. We liked how everything is setup there. You can walk and get almost everything you need. Kinda like "The Quarter" and Riverwalk rolled into one WITHOUT the panhandlers and the stench from Bourbon Street!! I didn't see any LSU tags, but was there such a short time and it was snowing. Still having a hard time with being that far north, so will be coming back down home often. Keep an eye open for my car...it is a little red one plastered with Saints and LSU stickers!! GEAUX TIGERS!!!!

Old 01-29-2008, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultgar View Post
I'm also originally from LA....born in Charity Hosp in New Orleans and later lived on Perkins Rd in Baton Rouge. My uncle and cousins owned a store (Joe D's) which made great Po
Boys and catered to the LSU crowd.

Unfortunately I'm treated as a Yankee since I'm moving to Charlotte (actually Mooresville) from NJ. I'll never forget my southern roots, despite what Katrina threw at us. Steve D.
Hey ultgar!! I can see why you're being treated as a Yankee since you're coming from NJ. Those Southern roots are mighty hard to get rid of!! I had just moved out of the Quarter before Katrina. Words canNOT express the disaster there! You have to see it with your own eyes to believe it. On one hand I feel so blessed to have had the opportunity to live there pre-K, because it will never be the same, at least in my lifetime. I love NOLA so much. I wish they had the local leadership we have over here in Lake Charles. We had to deal with Rita...the forgotten storm. Our leaders got us out of here...very little looting...pulled ourselves by our bootstraps and took care of things. Hopefully with our new gov we'll get this state turned around and maybe NOT be the laughing stock of the nation!!

Old 01-29-2008, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the 7 oh 4 View Post
Have cousins in Lake Charles and use to have cousins in New Orleans (relocated to Dallas after Katrina and never returned...to what).

New Orleans use to be a fun city. Crime & murders have escalated since Katrina. Very sad that it will never be the same.

They eat some very intersting things in Cajun Country.

Funny thing too, my great great aunt or so lived in Louisiana her whole life and only spoke Cajun French. This was years ago and of course she has since passed.
Hey the 7 oh 4!! As far as NOLA is concerned, see my reply to ultgar. There are still some folks around the Abbeville area that still speak Cajun French, love listening to it!! We do eat some interesting things around here!! However; it tastes so good...you don't care!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte