Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2015, 05:48 PM

69 posts, read 60,370 times

Advertisements

Hi all

I'm looking to relocate to Charlotte next year. I would have to look for employment & housing. I have no kids. Looking forward to a new environment, new job, new everything.. I have a 2 year degree in Secretarial Science ... Any great advice would be appreciated

I would like to know

Best section/part of Charlotte to live in
Near public transit, grocery, shopping, etc

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2015, 10:17 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,187,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanee76 View Post
Hi all

I'm looking to relocate to Charlotte next year. I would have to look for employment & housing. I have no kids. Looking forward to a new environment, new job, new everything.. I have a 2 year degree in Secretarial Science ... Any great advice would be appreciated

I would like to know

Use the search feature on this forum and search "Charlotte relocate". You'll find multiple threads regarding all different relocation circumstances.

Old 12-19-2015, 03:32 AM

8 posts, read 12,233 times
Quote:
Hi all

I would like to know

Hi shanee76,

What type of work experience do you have? Start there, with employment. Charlotte is huge, and can be a great place to start new, so it might be easier to figure out where you want to work then choose the area you want to live in.

I moved here almost 8 years ago and know the city pretty well. Message me if I can help in any way!

Old 12-19-2015, 06:20 AM

4,639 posts, read 6,388,780 times
You need to start by researching how much money you can make in Charlotte and how much it will cost to live. A small apartment in a nice area will be at least $800 a month, plus utilities. Its a city that is hard to live in without a car.

Old 01-02-2016, 10:00 AM

69 posts, read 60,370 times
Thank you for your advice.

Over ten years of experience
I have mostly have office work experience.
Data Entry Clerk, Office/Clerical Assistant,Internet, Email, Social Media
General office duties.

I would like to work downtown Charlotte. I would need temporary housing also, so i don't want to work & live too far apart from each other.

Old 01-02-2016, 10:05 AM

2,538 posts, read 3,879,715 times
South End is close to the light rail, but the apartments/condos aren't cheap. I'm not sure what type of salary your education/experience would demand, but the south is not known for paying well. I would look into securing a position first, it will be easier to build a budget that way. Good luck!!!

Old 01-02-2016, 03:59 PM

4,639 posts, read 6,388,780 times
Quote:
Thank you for your advice.

Over ten years of experience
I have mostly have office work experience.
Data Entry Clerk, Office/Clerical Assistant,Internet, Email, Social Media
General office duties.

I would like to work downtown Charlotte. I would need temporary housing also, so i don't want to work & live too far apart from each other.
Apartments close to Uptown are expensive...at least $1,200 a month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: