Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2010, 03:08 PM

4 posts, read 9,465 times

Advertisements

(1) If you have to hire private trash removal services, how much do you pay each month?

(2) What do you think trends in mortgage interest rates will be in the next few months before the first time buyer tax credit ends?

THANKS! My husband and I are just starting the building process and were wondering about this!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2010, 03:18 PM

4,010 posts, read 10,218,952 times
Interest rate predictions are nothing but guesses now because by any historical measure of what it takes to run a good economy, they should be very high right now. However they aren't because the government's answer to keeping the economy going is to continue to blow as much air as it can in to the bubble to keep it from completely collapsing until the next election. It's going to be a mess when it finally comes.

In regards to building a house, I would say that if you haven't signed with a builder yet, then you really ought to take some stock of things. Why in the world would you want to buy a house when this area is already full of houses that can't be sold and more ending up like this every day? I just saw an auction of a practically brand new house yesterday that is on the block because they couldn't sell it. Castle Auction Group This isn't exactly in the low rent district.

My recommendation is to go and get an already distressed property rather than paying a builder top dollar to create another one.

Old 01-10-2010, 04:55 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,738,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdormlaw View Post

(2) What do you think trends in mortgage interest rates will be in the next few months before the first time buyer tax credit ends?
No one can predict this with any certainty, and if they said they could then there lying....

Old 01-11-2010, 06:41 AM

339 posts, read 716,181 times
I pay for my own garbage service. It is $59/quarter and they take all of the trash. Nothing is out of their scope which is better than municipal waste services.

Old 01-11-2010, 08:02 AM

146 posts, read 474,640 times
Ditto. We pay $18/mo in lincoln county for a private trash company. They dont provide trash cans (no biggie) but take anything we put out. We previously had another company where we paid about the same but were limited to filling the provided can each week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by megan722 View Post
I pay for my own garbage service. It is $59/quarter and they take all of the trash. Nothing is out of their scope which is better than municipal waste services.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte