Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 01:04 PM

714 posts, read 2,307,166 times

Advertisements

I've thrown myself out something awful and need a good Chiropractor, either in Uptown or in the Ballantyne/Blakeney area.

Anyone have someone they love and can't wait to recommend? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2007, 01:15 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diertac View Post
I've thrown myself out something awful and need a good Chiropractor, either in Uptown or in the Ballantyne/Blakeney area.

Anyone have someone they love and can't wait to recommend? Thanks!
YES! Dr. Daniel Bowker

704/541-6400

He is off hwy 51 between Elm Lane and Carmel Road.

His staff is very accomadating and professional, and of course I think he is wonderful Feel better!

Old 05-31-2007, 02:00 PM

1,242 posts, read 4,036,130 times
Default me too!

Do you know if he has a website? also, does he happen to offer acupuncture? I am trying to find both in the same office.

Old 05-31-2007, 02:24 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJPost32 View Post
Do you know if he has a website? also, does he happen to offer acupuncture? I am trying to find both in the same office.
He does do acupuncture for migraines in particular I believe. Not sure about a website.

Old 05-31-2007, 02:37 PM

714 posts, read 2,307,166 times
Thanks for the recommendation lovesMountains. I will keep it on hand. Anyone able to recommend one in Uptown? I figure I will probably need to go a couple of times a week at the outset and don't know if my job schedule can get me to Dr. Bowker for a month or so. Thanks!

Old 02-13-2008, 08:16 AM

1 posts, read 3,761 times
I guess everyone is different. I too, went to [mod] Please do not mention names Such posts present defamation issues and they don't give the other side the opportunity to present their side of the argument.
[/mod] with neck pain. Shortly after leaving, I lost all feeling in my arm and had to call my husband to pick me up. I did go back to him the following week, he had no explanation for what happened. He then said he was going to do "laser acupuncture" and took a regular "pen light" out of his pocket and ran it around my neck and face. I called the physician that recommended him to me and asked about this and he said there was no such thing and don't go back to him.
His staff was very nice, but I have doubts about him.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 02-13-2008 at 08:53 AM..

Old 02-13-2008, 08:25 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,506,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y.T. View Post
I guess everyone is different. I too, went to XXX. with neck pain. Shortly after leaving, I lost all feeling in my arm and had to call my husband to pick me up. I did go back to him the following week, he had no explanation for what happened. He then said he was going to do "laser acupuncture" and took a regular "pen light" out of his pocket and ran it around my neck and face. I called the physician that recommended him to me and asked about this and he said there was no such thing and don't go back to him.
His staff was very nice, but I have doubts about him.
Well. I have had chiropractic care off and on since age 6. I would assume what your doc did was perform acupressure on your neck and face.

So what happened w/ your numbness? Have you seen a orthopaedic surgeon? What were your symptoms that sent you to the chiro to start with? I am very curious b/c I am looking for a chiro and Dr. Bowker would be close to my house and I was considering making an appt. So I would like to hear more about this, if you don't mind sharing.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 02-13-2008 at 08:54 AM..

Old 02-14-2008, 02:22 PM

248 posts, read 747,775 times
Bauer Family Medicine is in Ballantyne and I highly recommend them.

They are also on the web - just do a search.

Old 02-14-2008, 09:11 PM

256 posts, read 1,145,798 times
Dr. John Priester on 7th Uptown, a few doors down from the Cajun Queen. He and his dad originally worked the practice. His dad retired a few years ago. John, Jr. is excellent. Have always gotten quick results. If he thinks he can't help you, he will send you back to your MD. I can't say enough about him. Unfortunately, I don't have his number on hand right now.

Hope you feel better soon!

Old 02-15-2008, 08:21 AM

126 posts, read 412,193 times
Dr. Greenapple
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte