Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 12:57 PM

7 posts, read 15,574 times

Advertisements

How is every one doing. Thank your for taking some time and helping me out here. Me and my wife are a pretty young couple with a 7 month old baby and are looking into moving to North Carolina but not sure where to look around for a nice homes,good area. PRICE range we are looking for is a maximum of 230,000. Don't want to move to a place that is to slow or to far from the famaliy spots. Thank you and happy holladays.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2006, 01:24 PM

77 posts, read 461,313 times
Do you know where you will be working? It will help the members better to recomend a neighborhood if they knew where you are working.

Old 12-22-2006, 01:40 PM

Not yet. But most prob work in a law firm. Where are most law firms located at.

Old 12-22-2006, 01:49 PM

2,314 posts, read 2,834,554 times
Law firms are all over. There are smaller offices scattered everyhwere some of the big players are in downtown or uptown whatever the correct term is nowadays.

We have a 5 year old and a one year old and enjoy it around the lake area. There are many family driven neighborhoods and areas surrounding Charlotte.

Let me know if I can be of any help.

Thanks,

Old 12-22-2006, 02:36 PM

Any one else has any good places

Old 12-22-2006, 02:36 PM

1,895 posts, read 6,168,572 times
And if you are heading south, give me a shout. Happy holidays to all

Old 12-23-2006, 04:00 AM

1,417 posts, read 6,907,364 times
Union Co., Concord, Harrisburg, Mooresville, Belmont, and Ft. Mill would all be good choices.

Old 12-23-2006, 01:19 PM

1,895 posts, read 6,168,572 times
I think south Charlotte or Union County are nice -- there are two YMCAs in the area and there always seems to be something going on...many law firms are uptown, but of course, there are private offices all around. Let me know if I can help, and best of luck to you!

Old 12-23-2006, 01:45 PM

Thanks to all who took some time to help me out.

Old 12-24-2006, 10:04 AM

174 posts, read 477,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j-o-y View Post
How is every one doing. Thank your for taking some time and helping me out here. Me and my wife are a pretty young couple with a 7 month old baby and are looking into moving to North Carolina but not sure where to look around for a nice homes,good area. PRICE range we are looking for is a maximum of 230,000. Don't want to move to a place that is to slow or to far from the famaliy spots. Thank you and happy holladays.
My wife and 5 month old twins are moving from ny to south charlotte (steele creek area) in april/may when our home will be completed. we spent 200k to have a brand new house built. we chose this are because of the close proximity to stores, banks, malls, entertainment, etc. we absolutely loved the area. this area is surrounded by parks, ymca, and other things to do with young children. for that money, you can get a house that has 4 br a bonus room, you name it. your house will be amazing. another area we researched was Concord, about 25-30 minutes north east of Charlotte. Although Concord had many of the same ammenities that our area has, it seemed to me that you had to do a little more driving to get to certain stores and shopping in Concord than the Steele Creek area. There are literally dozens of stores within 2-5 miles of our community, Super Target, Lowes, Home Depot, restaurants, banks, nail salons, drug stores, you name it, its there, that was a big thing to us. We visited beautiful communities, but you had to drive 10 miles to get to a major shopping area. If you read all the posts on this board, you will not hear 1 bad word about South Charlotte, as far as crime goes. Also the same can be said about Concord -- 1 negative thing I hear is a lot of traffic, other than that its a great area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte