Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2008, 05:03 PM

3 posts, read 6,887 times

Advertisements

I recently moved to Huntersville with my 10 year old son, 5 year old female Doberman, 5 year old Dachshund, & 4 year old mini lop rabbit. We moved into my boyfriend's townhouse, planning to immediately give a 60 day notice, get out of the lease, & rent a house. The powers that be at the apartment community have found out about my Doberman (thanks to a nosy, good for nothing neighbor) and have insisted that she be off the property by tomorrow or they will begin eviction proceedings. She is my baby. I have had her since she was 9 weeks old- her 6th birthday is coming up at the end of next month. I will not permanently part with her, but we have to find somewhere to keep her for at least the next 60 days while we serve out our notice. She is fully housebroken and has been through basic obedience training. She is spayed, completely healthy, and up to date on all shots and heartworm preventive. She is an absolute gem. Everyone who meets her adores her. She has been in city Christmas parades, won costume contests at Halloween events...this is not an aggressive dog who deserves to be feared and treated this way. I can't stand the thought of parting with her at all- even for 2 months- but I am left with little choice on such short notice. I am looking into extended term boarding but would much prefer to find someone who may be willing to take her in. She is not used to being alone and doesn't deserve to spend the next 2 months in a cage. If anyone may be able to help me, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE email me at uneek5555@aol.com and let me know ASAP. I have somewhere for her to stay through the weekend but must find a short term solution beyond that. I will, of course provide food and am willing to compensate someone who will take her in and take care of her for me...not to mention "pay it forward" or pay back the favor as soon as I'm in a position to do so.
Attached Thumbnails
Desperately looking for a short-term foster for my Dobe!-m_703682beb3a9200e370ab36e1dd8394d.jpg   Desperately looking for a short-term foster for my Dobe!-m_5b6c70a0d1c57fd7d8db4fe43c4823a4.jpg  

Last edited by uneek5555; 03-18-2008 at 05:05 PM.. Reason: Adding picture
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2008, 05:41 PM

1,908 posts, read 4,983,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uneek5555 View Post
I recently moved to Huntersville with my 10 year old son, 5 year old female Doberman, 5 year old Dachshund, & 4 year old mini lop rabbit. We moved into my boyfriend's townhouse, planning to immediately give a 60 day notice, get out of the lease, & rent a house. The powers that be at the apartment community have found out about my Doberman (thanks to a nosy, good for nothing neighbor) and have insisted that she be off the property by tomorrow or they will begin eviction proceedings. She is my baby. I have had her since she was 9 weeks old- her 6th birthday is coming up at the end of next month. I will not permanently part with her, but we have to find somewhere to keep her for at least the next 60 days while we serve out our notice. She is fully housebroken and has been through basic obedience training. She is spayed, completely healthy, and up to date on all shots and heartworm preventive. She is an absolute gem. Everyone who meets her adores her. She has been in city Christmas parades, won costume contests at Halloween events...this is not an aggressive dog who deserves to be feared and treated this way. I can't stand the thought of parting with her at all- even for 2 months- but I am left with little choice on such short notice. I am looking into extended term boarding but would much prefer to find someone who may be willing to take her in. She is not used to being alone and doesn't deserve to spend the next 2 months in a cage. If anyone may be able to help me, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE email me at uneek5555@aol.com and let me know ASAP. I have somewhere for her to stay through the weekend but must find a short term solution beyond that. I will, of course provide food and am willing to compensate someone who will take her in and take care of her for me...not to mention "pay it forward" or pay back the favor as soon as I'm in a position to do so.
I'm sorry. I feel bad for your Doberman. Perhaps the landlord will just let you out of the lease now and make it easier on everyone involved. Good Luck.

Old 03-18-2008, 06:33 PM

509 posts, read 1,803,431 times
I would try calling some of the Doberman rescue groups and see if you can find a volunteer to help you out.

Here is dobie rescue of NC - based in Raleigh but they might know people in Charlotte:

Doberman Rescue of North Carolina

Here's the Greensboro / Triad one:

Doberman Rescue of the Triad to find homes for abandoned, abused and neglected Doberman Pinschers

Good luck. I personally think the dog rules in apartment complexes and subdivisions are irrational... but that's another post for another day

GT

Old 03-18-2008, 06:57 PM

3 posts, read 6,887 times
I actually contacted the Rescue in Raleigh last night. Unfortunately, they aren't much help since they are outside of our area. I will contact the triad group now though...maybe I'll get lucky. I wish we could just get out of our lease. We have to give at least 60 days notice- no way around it. There's no payout clause, no nothing. Even WITH a 60 day notice if the apartment is not re-rented immediately, we are responsible for paying out the remainder of the lease (which ends in July). Thanks for your input.

Old 03-18-2008, 07:29 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,730,190 times
Quote:
this is not an aggressive dog who deserves to be feared and treated this way. .
Oh please, that's what all pitbull owners say also....

You broke the rules in your apartment complex by having a doberman. Then you got busted and you blame your neighbors??? (sure, like everybody in today's society...not MY fault / lets blame someone else...)

Now you want to pass this dog off to a stranger? God forbid that animal bites its temporary owner, and you sister are going to jail for a long time.

Are you nuts with your post????

Nice job of taking responsibility for the problem you created.

Old 03-18-2008, 08:11 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,506,170 times
Quote:
Please come back and let us know what you worked out. I have trained dogs and am not afraid of working w/ dobes and rotties. Sadly, they have a bad rep but my g/mother had one so I grew up w/ a dobe and she was the sweetest girl . . . never even snapped at anyone her whole life. It all has to do w/ breeding and training.

I hope you figure things out. Board her temporarily and keep hunting. Sometimes, you just have to make the best of a tough situation.

I will ask around - I have friends who work w/ animal rescue but right now - they are all topped out w/ foster families. Keep hunting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte