Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 03:31 AM

118 posts, read 444,854 times

Advertisements

Did anyone take the time to go to CLUB 44? I'm curious to know what you guys thought about Hillary? Did you feel better after hearing her? Encouraged, enraged indiffrent? I'd like to know both positive and negative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2008, 02:31 AM

Well Kari,

Thanks to taking the time to send me a DM. I guess no on else had anything to say

Old 04-30-2008, 04:04 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,411,385 times
When I was waiting on line to get into the general admission area to see Springsteen on Sunday, a woman came up to me with a bag full (I guess) of pamphlets. The following was the actual call and response, verbatim:

Her: Would you like information on how to see Hillary and Chelsea Clinton at this very building tomorrow?

Me (w/ smile): No, but thank you for telling me what building I won't be at tomorrow.

She soooo wanted to say something to me but chose to just mooooove along.

Old 04-30-2008, 06:19 AM

4,222 posts, read 7,901,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYblkqueen View Post
Did anyone take the time to go to CLUB 44? I'm curious to know what you guys thought about Hillary? Did you feel better after hearing her? Encouraged, enraged indiffrent? I'd like to know both positive and negative.
This is a city-data forum. I personally think that it would be nice if you would not bring politics into it. There are numerous message boards for discussing candidates. The nice thing about this forum is the absence of politics.

Old 04-30-2008, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindaloo View Post
This is a city-data forum. I personally think that it would be nice if you would not bring politics into it. There are numerous message boards for discussing candidates. The nice thing about this forum is the absence of politics.

Sorry you feel that way. Being that the event took place in the city, I was trying to get a This City feel. Next time just don't answer. I know I've discussed local politics before on this forum. What's the big deal? And if I'm not mistaken you took part in the discussion when we were discussing the Sheriff and the election and discussion of Race.

Last edited by NYblkqueen; 04-30-2008 at 07:38 AM..

Old 04-30-2008, 07:34 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,519,093 times
Quote:
Sorry you feel that way. Being that the event took place in the city, I was trying to get a This City feel. Next time just don't answer. I know I've discussed local politics before on this forum. What's the big deal? And if I'm not mistaken you took part in the discussion when we were discussing the Shreiff and the election and discussion of Race.
From my perspective, since this was a visit to the voters of NC, I believe in this case it would be fine to hear what others have to say about the event. If people would post what they felt Hillary had to say that was specifically geared to NC residents and issues here, then seems like it would be a relevant discussion.

Just looks like, tho, NYblkqueen, that either no one on the forum attended or they don't want to post. Perhaps we can find a link to the event that a media outlet has posted online.

Old 04-30-2008, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
From my perspective, since this was a visit to the voters of NC, I believe in this case it would be fine to hear what others have to say about the event. If people would post what they felt Hillary had to say that was specifically geared to NC residents and issues here, then seems like it would be a relevant discussion.

Just looks like, tho, NYblkqueen, that either no one on the forum attended or they don't want to post. Perhaps we can find a link to the event that a media outlet has posted online.
Ani,thanks I'll just leave it alone. I don't understand what the big deal was with asking. Maybe it's just me, but thanks for taking the time to respond with something of substance. I shan't ask again. I don't want to offend the locals, by asking humm what they thought of something?

Old 04-30-2008, 12:01 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,519,093 times
Quote:
Ani,thanks I'll just leave it alone. I don't understand what the big deal was with asking. Maybe it's just me, but thanks for taking the time to respond with something of substance. I shan't ask again. I don't want to offend the locals, by asking humm what they thought of something?
Asking about a candidate's visit here should not offend anyone!! I would like to hear what those who attended would have to say about any of the candidates who might visit! I mean - was it just a Ra Ra thing or did Hillary address specific issues such as job creation and outsourcing of jobs . . . foreclosures . . . illegal immigrants, etc. Maybe no one who reads this forum attended.

I don't think you were out of line asking this at all, NYBQ.

Old 04-30-2008, 01:11 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,756,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Asking about a candidate's visit here should not offend anyone!! I would like to hear what those who attended would have to say about any of the candidates who might visit! I mean - was it just a Ra Ra thing or did Hillary address specific issues such as job creation and outsourcing of jobs . . . foreclosures . . . illegal immigrants, etc. Maybe no one who reads this forum attended.

I don't think you were out of line asking this at all, NYBQ.
I didn't think the question was out of line either since this did involve Mrs. Clinton's trip to Charlotte. I think the situation is just that most people on this forum aren't at all interested in what she had to say or whether she made an appearance at all

Old 04-30-2008, 01:39 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,702,154 times
Quote:
I think that NBC Nightly News mentioed it. Since I wasn't there, I don't want to comment, but I'd go to MSNBC then check Nightly News. or just search the whole site.

Sorry I can't help.

Maybe one of the local stations has something on their website.

Last edited by southbound_295; 04-30-2008 at 02:07 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte