Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 06:15 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,212,228 times

Advertisements

We ate at the Jim 'N Nicks in Charleston, SC and it was really, really good!

Now there is one coming to Charlotte (off of Hwy 49/160)...yipee!!

Jim 'N Nick's (http://www.birminghammenus.com/jimnnicks/newsite/newsite.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2008, 06:27 PM

672 posts, read 1,831,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethecarolinas View Post

Jim 'N Nick's (http://www.birminghammenus.com/jimnnicks/newsite/newsite.html - broken link)
Yeah we saw that too, and are very excited. WE really miss the barbeque places in TX and sony's just doesn't cut it for us. IT is located on the Steele Creek side near the Harris Teeter. First one that they are opening in NC!!!

Old 04-12-2008, 06:38 PM

1,899 posts, read 2,263,045 times
I saw that Jim & Nick's started in Birmingham. I e-mailed them to find out more. The manager, Troy Taylor, responded that they plan to open June 10. He also said they want to be a contributing part of the community. He said, "We chose Steele Creek for our first Charlotte location for very simple reasons. It's a great family area with booming growth, close to many business parks and light industrial business as well as fairly easy access to the entire South Charlotte area. Eventually we hope to have 5 or 6 restaurants in the Charlotte area."

I'm not familiar with Jim & Nick's & I'm not sure about Alabama barbecue, but I'm looking forward to trying it out!

Old 04-12-2008, 06:46 PM

672 posts, read 1,831,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCDave View Post
I saw that Jim & Nick's started in Birmingham. I e-mailed them to find out more. The manager, Troy Taylor, responded that they plan to open June 10. He also said they want to be a contributing part of the community. He said, "We chose Steele Creek for our first Charlotte location for very simple reasons. It's a great family area with booming growth, close to many business parks and light industrial business as well as fairly easy access to the entire South Charlotte area. Eventually we hope to have 5 or 6 restaurants in the Charlotte area."

I'm not familiar with Jim & Nick's & I'm not sure about Alabama barbecue, but I'm looking forward to trying it out!
They have a menu up on their website, it looked pretty impressive :-)

Old 04-12-2008, 08:53 PM

3,576 posts, read 10,655,777 times
Maybe we should start a topic where everyone can give their thoughts on all of the new BBQ/rib joints that have been sprouting up recently.

Old 04-13-2008, 05:49 PM

444 posts, read 1,649,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethecarolinas View Post

Thanks for the information, I saw the building knew it was barbecue BUT now I know that it is good as well!!! Hope to try it before I move.

Last edited by dunroven55; 04-13-2008 at 05:50 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 05-14-2008, 07:07 PM

1,899 posts, read 2,263,045 times
Their public Grand Opening is scheduled for Tuesday, June 17.

Old 05-14-2008, 07:43 PM

3,365 posts, read 10,023,117 times
Not soon enough cannot wait

Old 05-14-2008, 08:15 PM

286 posts, read 1,045,547 times
Why do so few places make BBQ beef ribs!!!?

Old 05-14-2008, 08:16 PM

2 posts, read 6,974 times
We have one here in Memphis....

I, unfortunately, find the taste average when you compare to other Bar-B-Que places. It's an Alabama based chain that focuses on pulled pork and bbq. Alabaman's(is that right?), flavor their Bar-B-Que with hot sauce. Memphis has some of the best Bar-B-Que eateries. Jim & Nick's food is just average in my opinion, but there is like 20 bottles of hot sauce at your table!....

Just my opinion by a person from California living in Memphis and looking to move to NC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte