Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2014, 07:00 AM

9 posts, read 13,007 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone, I am moving to north carolina this summer. My family and I
were looking in the Lincolnton and Denver area does anyone have any input
on which one we should lean towards. I should mention I do have a 15 year old
daughter who would probably be going to the North Lincolnton High School and I
also have a 17 year old daughter who will be attending one of the Colleges down
there. Any feed back would be greatly appreciated. Thank You
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2014, 07:08 AM

13,371 posts, read 27,039,380 times
I asked the moderator to move this to the Charlotte Sub-forum. The OP might also want to search the Charlotte sub-forum for any comments on Denver or Lincolnton.

Old 06-16-2014, 10:59 AM

13,371 posts, read 27,039,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
The OP might also want to search the Charlotte sub-forum for any comments on Denver or Lincolnton.
For example, these threads:

Possible relocation for job in Lincolnton
Considering a move to Lincolnton, need advice.

or these:

Thoughts on Denver, NC?
Denver VS Cornelius/Huntersville ?

Old 06-16-2014, 12:15 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,824,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarzo View Post
Hi everyone, I am moving to north carolina this summer. My family and I
were looking in the Lincolnton and Denver area does anyone have any input
on which one we should lean towards. I should mention I do have a 15 year old
daughter who would probably be going to the North Lincolnton High School and I
also have a 17 year old daughter who will be attending one of the Colleges down
there. Any feed back would be greatly appreciated. Thank You
We can't possibly recommend a place without knowing more about why you're moving, whether you have a job lined up or need one, what you're looking for, etc.

What is causing you to move to NC in the first place? Have you ever seen either place? If not, how do you know you want to live in either? Etc?

More detail needed...

Old 06-16-2014, 05:54 PM

9 posts, read 13,007 times
Yes we have been to both Lincolnton and Denver. We are leaning more towards Denver. Just thought
we could get a little feed back on the area from people who have been there awhile. No my husband will
be looking for a job when we get down there. He is hoping to find a job in some sort of truck driving weather
it be deliverys or what not he does have a CDL license so if anyone knows of anyone looking for help in that area
that would be great. The reason for our move would be to be closer to family and we are really tired of the NY weather

Old 06-17-2014, 04:19 AM

1,727 posts, read 2,425,504 times
Just FYI, you'll need established residency for a year before recieving in-state tuition at any university.

Old 06-17-2014, 08:44 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,684,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarzo View Post
Yes we have been to both Lincolnton and Denver. We are leaning more towards Denver. Just thought
we could get a little feed back on the area from people who have been there awhile. No my husband will
be looking for a job when we get down there. He is hoping to find a job in some sort of truck driving weather
it be deliverys or what not he does have a CDL license so if anyone knows of anyone looking for help in that area
that would be great. The reason for our move would be to be closer to family and we are really tired of the NY weather
There are trucking opportunities in Kings Mountain, Gastonia, & Charlotte.

Old 07-16-2014, 08:27 PM

3 posts, read 4,560 times
It so nice when people are excited moving from long island to NC. Just going to keep it simple.
It is like living in a place called Hell...Traffic is horrible, not enough roads for all the people coming there
still fighting the civil war.. Usually couples divorced, after a year, kids totally get destroyed nothing to do. schools
are horrible and not cheap at ALL!!! supermarkets are almost triple price more then Long island, services like hair salons, nail salons way overpriced . everything closed Sunday am .and property tax on car that's a joke.. so car insurance equals out between the property tax its the same. example 2011 sonata 350.00 plus your car insurance. If your antisocial and not catholic and don't mind loneliness and food is not that great and you don't care the place is for you. I had a 6500sq ft home in CC and no one came out. The city is just for drinking for the young that's it. I moved bak to Long Island and best thing I ever did, don't regret it at all. You pay for what you get. At least you can curse when they cut you off in NY and not like NC they pull a gun out..

Old 07-18-2014, 10:57 AM

10,728 posts, read 22,824,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happynyr View Post
It so nice when people are excited moving from long island to NC. Just going to keep it simple.
It is like living in a place called Hell...Traffic is horrible, not enough roads for all the people coming there
still fighting the civil war.. Usually couples divorced, after a year, kids totally get destroyed nothing to do. schools
are horrible and not cheap at ALL!!! supermarkets are almost triple price more then Long island, services like hair salons, nail salons way overpriced . everything closed Sunday am .and property tax on car that's a joke.. so car insurance equals out between the property tax its the same. example 2011 sonata 350.00 plus your car insurance. If your antisocial and not catholic and don't mind loneliness and food is not that great and you don't care the place is for you. I had a 6500sq ft home in CC and no one came out. The city is just for drinking for the young that's it. I moved bak to Long Island and best thing I ever did, don't regret it at all. You pay for what you get. At least you can curse when they cut you off in NY and not like NC they pull a gun out..
Gosh, NC is so sorry to have lost you...

Old 07-19-2014, 06:50 AM

1,727 posts, read 2,425,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard rawson View Post
Where did you learn how to write? Who is fighting the Civil War? Are you talking about the one that they had here or the one they had in Britain? Is traffic more horrible here than N.Y? Do people chose to lived together miserably in N.Y. instead of divorcing? Everything is closed on Sunday am? The city is just for drinking for the young? Did some mean driver shot you before you went back to N.Y.

Your posting is funny. A hint of truth concerning taxes, but overall pretty funny and nonsensical .
I think the bar was open late.

I like the "if your (sic) antisocial and not catholic" statement. I'm neither. And I am fine.

I think some people expect a move to solve all their problems. Obviously, that doesn't always work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte