Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 09:55 AM

93 posts, read 202,213 times

Advertisements

With the loss of Wachovia HQ, and in this article it is hinted that BofA wil sooner or later move their HQ's to NYC.
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/dougsmith/story/441812.html (broken link)

What will happen to Charlotte then as far as growth of the city and the local economy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2009, 09:58 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGonzo33 View Post
With the loss of Wachovia HQ, and in this article it is hinted that BofA wil sooner or later move their HQ's to NYC.

What will happen to Charlotte then as far as growth of the city and the local economy?
Oh good grief - how many threads like this are you going to create???

One of the best things about BofA relocating (IF and when they ever do) would be to slow our growth down a bit around here. The last 10 years have seen phenomenal growth and our roads and schools have been really straining to keep up. Getting things back to a little slower pace would be good in the long run.

Old 01-11-2009, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Oh good grief - how many threads like this are you going to create???

One of the best things about BofA relocating (IF and when they ever do) would be to slow our growth down a bit around here. The last 10 years have seen phenomenal growth and our roads and schools have been really straining to keep up. Getting things back to a little slower pace would be good in the long run.
The roads in CLT have always been subpar. I don't think slowing down growth is a positive.

Old 01-11-2009, 10:02 AM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,547,554 times
Quote:

I'm not sure how it will effect the local economy but it will put an end to topics like this.

Old 01-11-2009, 10:05 AM

Quote:
The roads in CLT have always been subpar. I don't think slowing down growth is a positive.
I COMPLETELY disagree. The roads here have NOT always been subpar - when I moved here decades ago I thought I'd died and gone to heavan. Roads were good, schools were great, the city was clean, crime was low - then came all the growth to muck all that up. Slowing things down will give us all a chance to catch our breath.

Old 01-11-2009, 10:08 AM

Quote:
I COMPLETELY disagree. The roads here have NOT always been subpar - when I moved here decades ago I thought I'd died and gone to heavan. Roads were good, schools were great, the city was clean, crime was low - then came all the growth to muck all that up. Slowing things down will give us all a chance to catch our breath.
So, the roads were good in like, when, 1970?

Old 01-11-2009, 10:11 AM

Quote:
So, the roads were good in like, when, 1970?
Wasn't here in 1970, and I'm not sure why you'd go that far back to complain about the roads? They probably weren't very good in 1917 anywhere in the country - which has about as much relevance to this conversation as your 1970 reference.

Old 01-11-2009, 10:14 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,527,721 times

Old 01-11-2009, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Wasn't here in 1970, and I'm not sure why you'd go that far back to complain about the roads? They probably weren't very good in 1917 anywhere in the country - which has about as much relevance to this conversation as your 1970 reference.
You said decades ago.
Charlotte roads are subpar because they have to go to the state capital for road money, and a bunch of good ol' boys in Raleigh hate CLT. It has always been like that
If Charlotte was the state capital, which it should be, then Charlotte would have highways like Atlanta does. Atlanta is Georgia state capital, then get most of the road money, unlike Charlotte.

Hell, Raleigh had a outter belt loop years ago. Charlotte has a 4 lane outerbelt that is already obsolete and may be completed around the year 2345.

Old 01-11-2009, 10:20 AM

624 posts, read 2,108,936 times
Doc you good buddies with London Lawyer?...perhaps you can research the forums search function to gain some insight into this matter...let me help ya out a little:

Search these three threads:
Thain to replace Lewis as BofA Chief? Move to NYC on the horizen? - 29 post
Charlotte could lose Wachovia (and B of A) HQ - 108 post
Bank of America to buy Merrill Lynch - 118 post

I was having trouble posting the links, but the search engine will get you there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: