Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 05:33 PM

2,742 posts, read 6,748,096 times

Advertisements

At least according to a recent Forbes Magazine article. Again, everything is relative...

Article: Ten Best And 10 Worst U.S. Housing Markets - Forbes.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2009, 06:00 PM

624 posts, read 2,107,871 times
I have no idea what any of these numbers mean, but I gotta admit I'm surprised to see two places in California on the Best 10 list.

LA - No 9 and San Diego - No 5, I would've thought they'd be tossed in with Las Vegas and Miami.

Old 03-08-2009, 06:35 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Blue View Post
At least according to a recent Forbes Magazine article. Again, everything is relative...

Who is paying off Forbes to write this stuff? Does Steve Forbes have relatives here in Charlotte? Or own a couple city blocks?

Old 03-09-2009, 04:44 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,718,482 times
Quote:

You do remember that Forbes predicted that Charlotte was one of the top 10 cities to be "recession proof", don't you?? I guess the belief is that if you constantly post these articles, one of their predictions will stick, eh?

In Depth: America's Recession-Proof Cities - Forbes.com

Are you trying to constantly make yourself look silly w/these cut and paste articles, or are you trying to embarass Forbes?

These are worth nothing more than bird cage liner.

Old 03-09-2009, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
Are you trying to constantly make yourself look silly w/these cut and paste articles, or are you trying to embarass Forbes?
Dude, WTH are you talking about? Look silly? I didn't write the article. Your problem is with Forbes, not me. The only opinion I've expressed is that everything is relative, which it is.

Old 03-09-2009, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Dude, WTH are you talking about? Look silly? I didn't write the article. Your problem is with Forbes, not me. The only opinion I've expressed is that everything is relative, which it is.

Everything is relative means you have no opinion, or point of view or are afraid to go out on a limb and speak up.

You ALWAYS posts these articles (which I always have to show why they are bird cage liner), so it makes me think you believe them, and hide behind the statement, "everything is relative"....

Old 03-09-2009, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Everything is relative means you have no opinion, or point of view or are afraid to go out on a limb and speak up.

You ALWAYS posts these articles (which I always have to show why they are bird cage liner), so it makes me think you believe them, and hide behind the statement, "everything is relative"....
Believe it? Yes, I "believe" it. You say "believe", as if the article is false. What is "wrong" about the article?

Old 03-09-2009, 05:31 PM

Quote:
What is "wrong" about the article?
The article is misleading (Just like the one I posted earlier in this thread).

But, when you post a "thumbs up" and title it "3Rd best market", some naive individuals will actually believe it (just like being naive and belieiving the article from last year)......

Old 03-09-2009, 05:33 PM

3,774 posts, read 8,191,456 times
Quote:

The only thing you have shown is that you have a contrary opinion, and are quite smug about it. Which is fine, I reckon. Heck, I reckon a fellow like you, being so smart and prescient and all, you've probably made a fortune knowing so much about conditions so instaneously. You da' man Coupon!

P.S. When's your book coming out?

Old 03-09-2009, 05:34 PM

Quote:
The article is misleading (Just like the one I posted earlier in this thread).

But, when you post a "thumbs up" and title it "3Rd best market", some naive individuals will actually believe it (just like being naive and belieiving the article from last year)......
What is misleading in the article?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: