Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 07:05 PM

98 posts, read 341,996 times

Advertisements

Hi all - I am trying to find a rental in Charlotte and I feel like I'm looking for a needle in a haystack! I've been searching Craigslist everyday without much luck. I've been told to just drive around neighborhoods and look for rental signs in the yard. That's a great idea but I work full-time and only have evenings/weekends to look.

Any thoughts on ways that I could find a 1/2 BR house/duplex/4 plex in the Dilworth/Eastover/Elizabeth/Park Road area? I have an idea of what I want but finding it may make me lose my sanity

Thanks so much for any help you can offer!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2009, 07:25 PM

7,041 posts, read 15,043,276 times
TR Lawing has a lot of properties in Elizabeth.

TR Lawing Realty, Rental Homes Charlotte NC

Old 06-11-2009, 05:18 AM

1,546 posts, read 2,552,830 times
What are you doing on Craigs List?
Call a Realtor!

Old 06-11-2009, 10:08 AM

73 posts, read 467,957 times
Try Creative Loafing Charlotte--either the paper or the web site. They often post info from local landlords. TR Lawing has a lot too but has weird co-habitation rules, at least they did in 2001 when I was last looking for a rental in the same areas. There are often things in Elizabeth (where I've lived since 2001) but I agree you have to drive around and call. You could do it after work and sometimes folks will meet you on the spot. Good luck!

Old 06-11-2009, 10:23 AM

62 posts, read 188,690 times
Go to Carolinahome.com, Find a home and choose Rental in drop down (in the block that says "single family"). Choose area 4, then select the neighborhood you want to search in. You can choose several.

There are a few in Eastover, Elizabeth and Dilworth.

Good Luck

Old 06-11-2009, 10:30 AM

165 posts, read 559,650 times
Look for a reputable Realtor. We used Century 21 in University City and they have been great. They double as the property manager and have helped us deal with any issues that have come up in the home we are renting. Craigslist is quickly turning into a place for scammers. I only trust them for garage sale adverts.

Old 06-11-2009, 02:57 PM

98 posts, read 341,996 times
Thanks for all of your suggestions. I'm slightly hesitant to use a realtor mainly because of issues I've faced in the past but that may be something I need to get over!

Thanks again!

Old 06-11-2009, 03:40 PM

873 posts, read 1,804,890 times
Don't know if he has any half-bedroom houses available, but call Sam - 704-545-6625. He's got rentals all over Charlotte and is a good landlord!

Old 06-11-2009, 03:48 PM

7,126 posts, read 11,709,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Hawk View Post
Hi all - I am trying to find a rental in Charlotte and I feel like I'm looking for a needle in a haystack! I've been searching Craigslist everyday without much luck. I've been told to just drive around neighborhoods and look for rental signs in the yard. That's a great idea but I work full-time and only have evenings/weekends to look.

Any thoughts on ways that I could find a 1/2 BR house/duplex/4 plex in the Dilworth/Eastover/Elizabeth/Park Road area? I have an idea of what I want but finding it may make me lose my sanity

Thanks so much for any help you can offer!
I can't imagine you can't find a duplex on Kirkwood in Dilworth. For sale I know there are two. For rent I have seen signs in the lawn.

ETA: just saw you want rental. Ignore my comment about 2 for sale.

Old 06-11-2009, 04:06 PM

55 posts, read 175,754 times
Default Drive around

We just finished a weekend of looking at rentals in the exact areas you mentioned. We used Craigslist, realtor or two, websites like TRLawing, and also found numerous signs in yards just by driving around the neighborhoods. It seemed like there were alot of duplexes and houses in the area. We looked at about 20 houses for rent this past weekend FWIW.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte