Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2007, 01:15 PM

22 posts, read 86,198 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if anyone could tell me anything about concord. I have a kindergarten age child. Is it a nice safe place? Will appreciate any info! Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2007, 01:30 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncbound View Post
I was wondering if anyone could tell me anything about concord. I have a kindergarten age child. Is it a nice safe place? Will appreciate any info! Thanks in advance!
I'd say it's pretty safe - only 3 murders there all of last year. I think it's a nice litte city. Hopefully someone with info on schools will chime in with an opinion or two

Old 02-04-2007, 02:03 PM

1,417 posts, read 6,908,723 times
I live in Concord (pop. about 67,000), and my wife teaches in one of the middle schools here. The system's website is cabarrus.k12.nc.us. It's an extremely safe area. We love living here and the schools are some of the best in NC. Some of the better elementary schools in town are Pitts, Weddington Hills, and Cox Mill. The town of Harrisburg (pop. about 6,000) would also be worth a look. GREAT little town that boarders Concord. Also has an awesome elem. (Harrisburg Elem.). Concord/Harrisburg are very family-friendly area, good churches, convenient to I-85 and I-485, 20-25 minutes to uptown Charlotte at non-rush hours, lots of shopping/restaurant options, within minutes of an awesome 850-acre nature preserve, housing in all price ranges, ect. PM me if you want any more info. Good luck and welcome!!!

Old 02-04-2007, 05:12 PM

60 posts, read 309,263 times
Default I live in Concord

I agree with friendnc,

I live in Concord and my son attends Pitts School Road Elem. The school is only in its second year and I have nothing but great things to say. My son has attended schools in Mecklenburg and Cabarrus counties so I have experience in both systems.

We love it here...I must echo what friendnc says. Super family friendly, quiet, and an all around great place to raise a family.

Feel free to ask any other questions, or PM me. I'll be glad to answer any you have.

Have a great week!
Nicole

Old 02-25-2007, 02:37 PM

3 posts, read 11,610 times
Default Cabarrus County Schools

I love the Cabarrus County school system. I attended middle and high school in Cabarrus myself, and at the moment have children at Bethel Elementary, CC Griffin Middle School, and Central Cabarrus High School. Alot of the high schools and middle schools are at the moment overcrowded, but there is a new high school opening this fall to aleviate crowding, and another one in the works for the northwestern part of the county in the next few years, I believe. There are also plans for several elementary schools in the works. I have lived in Concord for 26 years. It is a safe area, on the whole, but it is experiencing a growth explosion with alot of new development. (Hence the overcrowding of schools.) Hope this helps some.

Old 02-27-2007, 10:39 AM
ny4

67 posts, read 235,783 times
I think my trip to Harrisburg/Cabarrus Cty in a month or so will be well worth it! Reading the posts of the area definately give me good vibes lol...Can anyone out there give me some detailed info on certain subs?

Old 02-27-2007, 10:43 AM

22 posts, read 115,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ny4 View Post
I think my trip to Harrisburg/Cabarrus Cty in a month or so will be well worth it! Reading the posts of the area definately give me good vibes lol...Can anyone out there give me some detailed info on certain subs?

I respond to your other thread.

I recently move to Concord last year.
Weather is 10 times better than cold siberia...oops...I mean New York and Pa.

Concord is small old town feeling. Harrisburg is more upscale town feeling.

Old 03-02-2007, 07:50 PM

57 posts, read 160,349 times
great bedroom community from charlotte you will find it enjoyable

Old 04-12-2007, 01:02 PM

240 posts, read 1,033,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ny4 View Post
Did you make your trip yet? If not, what price range are you looking to stay within? I currently live in Union County, but my wife and I are looking at moving into the Huntersville or Concord/Harrisburg areas for commuting purposes, so we've seen a bunch of new developments in those areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte