Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2007, 03:28 PM

47 posts, read 217,847 times

Advertisements

Does anybody have any unusual and/or fun ideas of what can be done for Fathers Day? We have 3 children 12,10,8 Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2007, 04:03 PM

70 posts, read 212,868 times
We bought a fathers day t-shirt at wal-mart....they have a bunch of them....and here's our plan...

When DH wakes up he'll shower hopefully (he usually does)....we'll pull a covert op to replace his chosen shirt with the "fathers day shirt" He'll dress and come downstairs and be greeted by a brunch he's dreamed of....ham, eggs, fruit, bacon, sausage gravy, biscuits, pancakes, waffles, syrup, toast, grits....a buffet of food....way too much food for a normal day....all laid out before him......

Then after he eats and takes a "I ate too much food, nap" then watches the remainder of the race.....The boys have his fishing pole ready....and spent a week digging up bait and they are hiking the whole 100ft through the woods to fish....

Okay, that's the plan....the chances of it going quite so carefree as that....ha...ha...

Old 06-18-2009, 01:21 PM
tvb

1 posts, read 2,573 times
We are going to go to Ray's Splash Planet. They have a lazy river and my kids ( 5 1/2 and 2 1/2 )can't wait to take daddy to one of their "special places." He is excited too b/c he said he doesn't have to worry about sand in the car or sunscreen!!!

But, I love the idea about the shirt and breakfast too - I may borrow that!!

Old 06-18-2009, 02:49 PM

165 posts, read 559,387 times
Cute idea! I always find father's day hard to plan. I think fun ideas like that are much better then a tie and card.

Old 06-18-2009, 02:59 PM

1,350 posts, read 3,782,277 times
If we were going to be here for fathers day I would rent a pontoon boat and pack a picnic lunch and spend the day on the lake. We are going camping in NJ instead this year so we'll be busy visiting friends and family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte