Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2007, 04:05 PM

1 posts, read 2,445 times

Advertisements

First I would like to say that this forum has been a great source of information and makes me very excited about making the move to the Charlotte area.
My question applies to finding work so we can make the move from Charleston, SC to Concord-Charlotte area. I'm a nurse and am not that concerned about being able to find a job fairly easily. My husband on the other hand is a software engineer with about three years of experience and presently does contract work for the government. He has no experience working in the banking industry and the languages they require. If anyone could tell us what would be the best way to go about finding him a job. Headhunters? I know there are some big companies up there (ie. Microsoft) but I'm sure they are extremely competitive. If anyone is familiar with the programming language aida. That is the programming that he has been working with. Are there any jobs up there using that? Thanks for any input!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2007, 05:54 PM

414 posts, read 1,382,220 times
Raleigh has more software programming jobs.

Old 05-15-2007, 06:15 PM

348 posts, read 431,317 times
I didn't think anyone in an SE job was having trouble finding a job these days...

Old 05-16-2007, 08:05 AM

255 posts, read 886,255 times
We are currently looking for 1 embedded c++ developer (Handheld developer) and 1 Web developer (c#/ASP.NET/SQL).

www.velocitorsolutions.com (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: