Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 01:29 PM
IAG IAG started this thread

41 posts, read 99,489 times

Advertisements

Hello all,

I currently reside in New York City and work for a fixed Income Company on Wall Street and my wife is an LPN and is currently pregnant with our 4th. We recently purchased a home in Huntersville,NC with the anticipation of moving this summer 2010, but I am finding it hard to even get an interview. If anyone is able to provide me with a good headhunter that will be able to help me I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!

Last edited by IAG; 01-05-2010 at 02:10 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2010, 02:39 PM

1,852 posts, read 5,219,832 times
Tough market mate. I know of several contract jobs, but not too much perminent yet. Especially with the Banks laying off in the area, financial people are a dime a dozen.

Also, Huntersville is not Concord, opposite sides of the city.

Old 01-05-2010, 02:45 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,707,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whytewulf View Post
Tough market mate. I know of several contract jobs, but not too much perminent yet. Especially with the Banks laying off in the area, financial people are a dime a dozen.

Also, Huntersville is not Concord, opposite sides of the city.
Not to split hairs, but if he bought his home along hwy 73 in Huntersville he is on the edge of Concord, so I can see why he's looking there.

However, this is not a great time to be looking for a new job in the financial industry in our metro area. Not so sure I would have bought that house yet.

Old 01-05-2010, 03:07 PM

My community is off Poplar Tent Rd (Fullerton Place near Moss Creek)...Its a new development which happens to be using the post office in Huntersville for the time being.

I know it may seem to be idiotic but NYC is getting too expensive and my wife always wanted to live in NC for some time now. I will continue to be optimistic and continue my search from NYC.

Thanks

Old 01-05-2010, 03:13 PM

1,852 posts, read 5,219,832 times
First, good point loves about Concord and Huntersville, and IAG showed that I was wrong.. UGH how can this be.. anywho.. knowing that community it does help understand the area.

Second, job wise.. I don't think it was a dumb move to come down here, Charlotte I think will grow and there will be some expansion here. Keep trying with Wells, BofA, GMAC, Electrolux is coming and some others.

Old 01-05-2010, 03:43 PM

4,010 posts, read 10,210,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAG View Post
......Its a new development which happens to be using the post office in Huntersville for the time being.

I know it may seem to be idiotic but NYC is getting too expensive and my wife always wanted to live in NC for some time now....
If you have not closed on that house then I wouldn't do it. Especially if you have a job now in NYC. Nothing like adding yet another foreclosure to the market. There is enough of them now. Popular Tent road is a disaster in sprawl BTW. They don't have enough water when it gets hot, traffic is overwhelming and the NCDOT has no plans to expand that road, and house values are falling.

If you have closed, then unfortunately, I think I am going to have to agree with you.

Old 01-05-2010, 05:03 PM

4,899 posts, read 7,444,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAG View Post
My community is off Poplar Tent Rd (Fullerton Place near Moss Creek)...Its a new development which happens to be using the post office in Huntersville for the time being.

I know it may seem to be idiotic but NYC is getting too expensive and my wife always wanted to live in NC for some time now. I will continue to be optimistic and continue my search from NYC.

Thanks

Is it odd that the developer is using the Huntersville address for now. Isn't that property in Concord in Cabarrus County? Or does it mean the developer's offices are in Huntersville?

Old 01-05-2010, 05:43 PM

110 posts, read 310,751 times
I live just down the street in Skybrook North (also in Concord). I work at Ingersoll Rand at their campus in Davidson, an 18-20 minute drive from my house. I also really like it, because I don't have to get on any highways. Good luck!

P.S. I would try getting that NC address on your resume now! Hopefully, it will help you get a few calls. IF you are still using your NYC address, your chances will be much slimmer.

Old 01-05-2010, 05:47 PM

Yes this property is in Cabarrus County and Lennar which is the developer is currently using the Huntersville post office for now for our subdivision (fullerton Place).

Old 01-05-2010, 05:53 PM

I will even look @ the hospital sector to see what i can find...Something got to give...Thanks Whytewulf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte