Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2011, 09:48 AM

20 posts, read 39,316 times

Advertisements

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- The 10th annual Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival is fast approaching. The four-day, multi-stage camping festival takes place every June on a 700-acre farm in Manchester, Tennessee. This year, Charlotte Band “Eyes of the Elders” hopes to play on one of those stages.“EOE is currently in a competition to play the Bonnaroo 2011 Music Festival and has broken into the top 20 out of more than 450 competing bands,” said Ricky Radar, band co-founder. The competition is called “Road to Roo,” it gives fans the power to select a band for the festival. Fans can download tracks from any of the bands in the “Road to Roo” challenge. The top eight downloaded artists will move on to be reviewed by Bonnaroo's music supervisors and two will be booked to play Bonnaroo. Those two bands will get $1,000 and take the stage at Bonnaroo alongside artists like Eminem, Arcade Fire, Lil Wayne, Alison Krauss and more.“EOE is currently ranked 16, and needs to make it to the top eight in order to be considered,” Radar said.Eyes of the Elders is a local band from Charlotte, N.C. that infuses hiphop lyrics and drums with a wide variety of other genres.To support the band, click here Road To Roo.

Bonnaroo: Road to Roo - Eyes of the Elders

Charlotte Band Seeks Bonnaroo Success - News Story - WSOC Charlotte
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2011, 05:07 PM
CVP

581 posts, read 1,906,226 times
Good luck Eyes of the Elders. I shared it with my Facebook friends.

Old 04-10-2011, 08:43 AM

They are now at #9. Download a free song and help these guys out

Old 04-10-2011, 08:36 PM

1,452 posts, read 2,993,738 times
It's a trap!
Sorry, couldn't resist. Is there a way to DL the song without giving all my Facebook info away?

Old 04-15-2011, 06:44 AM

It's the last day to vote. Support a local music.

Bonnaroo: Road to Roo - Eyes of the Elders

News-Talk 1110 WBT | Keith Larson | Home

"Eyes of the Elders" on the EDGE | Charlotte News | Weather | Carolina Panthers | Bobcats | FOX Charlotte | Entertainment

Old 04-15-2011, 08:47 AM

2,353 posts, read 4,656,464 times
Hey, they're good!! Downloaded & shared.

Old 04-15-2011, 09:25 AM

2,353 posts, read 4,656,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdub1968 View Post
It's a trap!
Sorry, couldn't resist. Is there a way to DL the song without giving all my Facebook info away?
I don't think there is! I'm OK with legitimate pages having some access to my info; bonnaroo is a well-established organization. I tried to do something similar a friend was promoting, but the page I needed to "like" was some company I'd never heard of, and they were asking for access to *everything*, and the ability to post on my wall, etc. so I didn't do that one. I change my fb password frequently; I haven't (so far) had a problem with hacking or spamming. (lemme find some wood to knock on) (or, since it's technology related, maybe I should find a circuit?)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: