Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 01:11 PM

37 posts, read 168,725 times

Advertisements

My wife and I recently moved to Ballantyne. We're looking for daycare/day camp for our 16-month-old son so he can start spending time with other kids his age. Can anyone recommend a place we could bring him a couple days a week?

Thanks in advance!

Mike
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2007, 01:34 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysfan View Post
My wife and I recently moved to Ballantyne. We're looking for daycare/day camp for our 16-month-old son so he can start spending time with other kids his age. Can anyone recommend a place we could bring him a couple days a week?

Thanks in advance!

Mike
Why not try groups like charlottemommies.com to meet others moms/dads for socializing your son? I wouldn't do that thru day care personally.

Old 06-06-2007, 02:09 PM

525 posts, read 1,804,595 times
me either..I was thinking the same thing..but didn't want to offend anyone..tooooo many germs and just well no thanks...daycare isn't for my family. I worked in one for a few years a very nice one but not for my kids. I would look into something like a playgroup, hit the park on a nice day or a community pool.

Old 06-06-2007, 02:20 PM

509 posts, read 1,803,309 times
The OP was asking for day cares / day camps... and not opinions on appropriate methods for socializing his son.

I don't know South Charlotte, but I do know that there are plenty of quality day cares that provide excellent part-time programs. For example, many churches have both full time and part time preschool programs.

I would check with local churches and perhaps the YMCA to start.

GT

Old 06-06-2007, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlTravels View Post
The OP was asking for day cares / day camps... and not opinions on appropriate methods for socializing his son.

I don't know South Charlotte, but I do know that there are plenty of quality day cares that provide excellent part-time programs. For example, many churches have both full time and part time preschool programs.

I would check with local churches and perhaps the YMCA to start.

GT
But seriously, DAY CAMP for a 1 year old?? If the posters intent is truly just to socialize his son there are much better ways to do it than a day care center.

Old 06-06-2007, 02:45 PM

63 posts, read 238,896 times
I don't know much about daycare and camp since I am new to the area but I will say that charlottemommies is a great group or charlotteareadads. I am part of Lakenormanmommies. Anyways, the sites are a great way to meet other parents, network and get info on area businesses, things to do and events. It is a free site. Play groups are orchestrated weekly. Check them out and good luck!

Old 06-06-2007, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by California2Carolina View Post
I don't know much about daycare and camp since I am new to the area but I will say that charlottemommies is a great group or charlotteareadads. I am part of Lakenormanmommies. Anyways, the sites are a great way to meet other parents, network and get info on area businesses, things to do and events. It is a free site. Play groups are orchestrated weekly. Check them out and good luck!
Now THAT'S what I'm talking about! These groups are great

Old 06-06-2007, 02:49 PM

509 posts, read 1,803,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
But seriously, DAY CAMP for a 1 year old?? If the posters intent is truly just to socialize his son there are much better ways to do it than a day care center.
I guess we can just agree to disagree. I think there are wonderful preschool programs for kids to learn to socialize and more. I inferred from his "couple of times a week" comment that he is really looking for a part time preschool or camp of sorts, not necessarily 8-5 daycare.

GT

Old 06-06-2007, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlTravels View Post
I guess we can just agree to disagree. I think there are wonderful preschool programs for kids to learn to socialize and more. I inferred from his "couple of times a week" comment that he is really looking for a part time preschool or camp of sorts, not necessarily 8-5 daycare.

GT
I will agree to disagree It's just that a 1 year old can hardly be classified a "preschooler". A 1 year old isn't even a toddler yet! A 1 year old is a BABY. Babies don't go to camp and they don't go to preschool.

Though what we can agree on it that there are many wonderful preschool programs around when the time is right for that.

Old 06-06-2007, 04:09 PM

37 posts, read 168,725 times
I was asking for opinions on daycare/day camps, not opinions on how to raise children. You have no idea what our situation is so if you don't have an answer to my question, please keep your mouth shut.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte