Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 08:29 PM

1,895 posts, read 6,170,034 times

Advertisements

Ballantyne: Ballantyne Elementary, Community House Middle, Ardrey Kell High
Country Club site: Ballantyne Country Club - Located in Charlotte, North Carolina
In the past, memberships were tied to the house, but I believe that has changed in the past few years.

Providence: Polo Elementary, JM Robinson Middle, Ardrey Kell High
Country Club site:Providence Country Club - Home
You do not need to live in community to join country club, also, do not need to join country club if you live in the community.

Palisades: Winget Park Elementary, Southwest Middle, Olympic High
Country Club site: Home - The Palisades Country Club

TPC Piper Glen: McAlpine Elementary, South Charlotte Middle, South Mecklenburg High
Country Club site: TPC at Piper Glen > TPC Piper Glen

Tega Cay, Regent, Springfield: Last I heard there were freezes on some schools, so when you have narrowed it down I would check individually.

For NC school information check: NC School Report Cards
For SC school information: School Report Cards - South Carolina Department of Education (http://ed.sc.gov/topics/researchandstats/schoolreportcard/ - broken link)

Let me know if you need more detailed info -- best of luck in your relocation!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2010, 09:25 PM

3,115 posts, read 7,136,713 times
Do NOT move to Rock Hill.

Old 05-10-2010, 05:55 AM

20 posts, read 68,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalgirl View Post
The areas and neighborhoods you asked about have been discussed many times over and over on the board. Have you tried searching for the info?
River Hills Country Club
I have tried numerous times to pull up discussions on Ballantyne and Providence Country Club and have only found a couple but none compare the two communities.

Any idea about the differences in cost of HOA, Golf Membership and monthly dues or which neighborhood would be better for my 7 and 9 year old.
Thanks

Old 05-10-2010, 07:26 AM

338 posts, read 796,793 times
I live in PCC, the area of it that I live in the yearly HOA fee is $425. If you go to the PCC web site you will see the mabership costs for the types (Social, Tennis and Golf) I love my street and will be here for a long time.

There is a house next door to me that is a 3400sf 4bed Ranch with a 3 car garage on half an acre for $475K, so that gives you an idea of what you can find in PCC.

If you go to the 4th page of the montly newsletter it gives the price breakdown for membership.

http://www.providencecc.com/files/maywebnews.pdf (broken link)

Old 05-10-2010, 07:43 AM

Thanks ivster. I appreciate the link to the newsletter. Any idea how much the monthly golf fees are for Full Members and how much it would cost to have a visitor play along. Thanks

Old 05-10-2010, 08:37 AM

249 posts, read 458,492 times
i suggest northstone in huntersville.

Old 05-12-2010, 05:58 AM

Any thoughts on Regent Park vs. Tega Cay.

Old 05-12-2010, 07:57 PM

1,895 posts, read 6,170,034 times
I would suggest you visit all of the places you are considering. I think you will be able to get a feel for the different communities that way, and which ones would best suit your family.

Old 06-18-2010, 10:28 PM

24 posts, read 59,606 times
Ballantyne Country Club would fit your needs best when it comes to great schools, great golf, nice family community, close to shopping and plenty of restaurants. Ballantyne is newer than Providence CC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte