Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 02:33 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,557,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdlife619 View Post
I'm sorry, but a luxury car with a 4 banger in it, is not a true luxury car. We as consumer have accepted the fact that we are willing to compromise our standards. The auto industry is forcing this upon us, and it is bull****!

a 6 will do, but never 2.5 liter 4. No way! Even if it's turbo charged, it just feels like your buying more of a Honda Civic dressed up.

The regal is ugly personally, it's bland as heck, the interior looks nice though.
Don't blame the industry, blame enviromentalist and Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2011, 12:46 PM

11 posts, read 41,647 times
The Buick Reagal is basically a rebadged Opel Insignia - it's a German-engineered car. I like it. That doesn't mean I would buy it, because it's not my type of car, but it's a cool car for the price. It puts Buick in a new light - it's not just an old persons brand anymore.

Old 07-17-2011, 01:39 PM

6,347 posts, read 9,886,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidG2 View Post
The Buick Reagal is basically a rebadged Opel Insignia - it's a German-engineered car. I like it. That doesn't mean I would buy it, because it's not my type of car, but it's a cool car for the price. It puts Buick in a new light - it's not just an old persons brand anymore.
It is a fun car to drive. The engine is still a little weak even on the turbo, but it is a joy to ride. The new Lacrosse and Enclave also arent old persons cars. The Lucerne seems like an old buick built for geezers.

Old 07-17-2011, 02:54 PM

7,780 posts, read 21,895,468 times
got back from driving a turbo automatic version hard today.. Not fast at all. Okay for a cruiser, but way underpowered.. The boost could not be had until about 3-5 seconds into a wot start.. The car is very nice and handles well. Very comfortable and great looking.

Old 07-17-2011, 04:03 PM

4,237 posts, read 24,793,568 times
The new Buick regal looks more like a mom's car than it does grandma's car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zea mays View Post
The Buick may be O.K. if you've been married for a couple of decades. It is not a chick-getter. (Well, old chickens maybe, past the egg-laying stage. The meat won't be too tender, however.)
For the most part...true...however there were a few times that Buick did build a car that I would say was more suited for someone other than the elderly...

http://www.americarclassics.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/1987-buick-regal-ttype-gray-13900-610x457.jpg (broken link)

And FWIW some young ladies, actually do find these cars attractive....

Old 07-17-2011, 05:01 PM

1,568 posts, read 3,229,945 times
Regals seem nice, test drove the Lacrosse...nice ride...test drove the lucerne, even nicer. Ended up with the Cadillac DTS. Seem to pick up chics just fine.

Old 07-17-2011, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankgn87 View Post
got back from driving a turbo automatic version hard today.. Not fast at all. Okay for a cruiser, but way underpowered.. The boost could not be had until about 3-5 seconds into a wot start.. The car is very nice and handles well. Very comfortable and great looking.
That's the problem with the regal. Even with the Turbo it is not a sports Sedan,but it is sporty. Just like it is not a luxury sedan, but it is "near-Luxury." It takes good elements from both performance and luxury cars, but cant compete directly. I still think it is a good deal for the price. You can get better but you are going to pay around 5k more.

Old 07-17-2011, 08:58 PM

3,128 posts, read 6,541,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerMunkee View Post
Go test drive a Optima SX or just sit in one. I think you will be surprised.

It's got nice luxury features: Cooled/heated front seats, heated rear seats, paddle shifters, driver memory, bluetooth, navigation, panaramic sunroof, keyless ignition, etc etc. Same luxury stuff the Buick and Acuras have but with a lower price, better warranty, and better fuel economy.

Buick:

Optima:

The Sonata is a little different, more geared towards Luxury than the sportier Optima's ride. But it's odd you can't get the panaramic roof or cooled seats on the top of the line Sonata. Most magazines get a little faster 0-60 in the Sonata due to it's lower weight (100 or so pounds).
Did you post a pic of a Korean spec Optima and a base Regal?Thats not fair at all. Here is a pic of the Regal GS.

http://www.cardealersusedcars.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/2011-Buick-Regal-GS-Car-3.jpg (broken link)

The Korean twins are Camcords with some great styling for a Korean car. That is all. They are not near luxury, they are $199 a month family cars you can lease aka rental cars. They are great family cars and I'm happy they caught up to the Japanese/Americans after 30 years but the bandwagon jumping is ridiculous. They are built with okay materials and after 4-5 years good luck.

The Regal is an Opel Insignia rebadge, a beautiful looking vehicle and a step above the Korean cars as reflecting in materials and price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
That's the problem with the regal. Even with the Turbo it is not a sports Sedan,but it is sporty. Just like it is not a luxury sedan, but it is "near-Luxury." It takes good elements from both performance and luxury cars, but cant compete directly. I still think it is a good deal for the price. You can get better but you are going to pay around 5k more.
Yeah its sad, there is no performance in any Regal

Old 07-17-2011, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWatson13 View Post
Did you post a pic of a Korean spec Optima and a base Regal?Thats not fair at all. Here is a pic of the Regal GS.

The Korean twins are Camcords with some great styling for a Korean car. That is all. They are not near luxury, they are $199 a month family cars you can lease aka rental cars. They are great family cars and I'm happy they caught up to the Japanese/Americans after 30 years but the bandwagon jumping is ridiculous. They are built with okay materials and after 4-5 years good luck.

The Regal is an Opel Insignia rebadge, a beautiful looking vehicle and a step above the Korean cars as reflecting in materials and price.

Yeah its sad, there is no performance in any Regal
I wouldnt say no performance. The CXL turbo has some performance, but it is not great. It is close to being good, but just misses the mark. Still with luxury elements, quality, reliability, and price I think it is a good car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC