Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2018, 02:38 PM

1 posts, read 1,059 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone, some time ago I noticed that my ESCALADE is with the rear suspension much firmer and harder than it is supposed to be. It does not have any warning lights on the dashboard, nor does it lose liquid in the rear or front shocks. It is at the correct level, it does not have air leaks either. It seems that it is in a SPORT mode of suspension, but nobody can tell me if this PLATINUM 2012 version has this configuration or perhaps what the problem may be. Please help me.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2018, 03:24 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,783,825 times
There is a two wheel drive version and a four wheel drive (AWD) version...

https://www.autotrader.com/Cadillac/Escalade/2012

Old 10-18-2018, 01:33 PM

136 posts, read 141,037 times
If it has auto leveling suspension the release solenoid could be stuck keeping the air in the system. The level sensor could be bad. Sometimes the sensor arm just gets knocked off the mount or snaps in two. Any of these things will cause the compressor to fill to max and stay there. That gives a real stiff ride. The chassis module would not turn on the light if it thinks everything is ok. Sometimes the module does throw a code, but it isn't a code that causes the light/message to come on. Home scanners do not read these codes. Leaky shocks would actually more the ride mushy, as would air leaks.

As to what options your car is built with, there is a sticker in your glove box. The sticker will have a long list of 3 digit numbers/letters. Those are your RPO codes that the factory uses to identify what your particular veh has. You will have to find a public site to decipher them.

Or take it to a dealer, for about $100 they can diagnose it, check for codes and check the RPOs.

Old 10-18-2018, 01:43 PM

3,319 posts, read 2,342,240 times
All Escalades of that generation have the self-leveling suspension (known as autoride), I've never heard of a sport suspension option.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC