Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2010, 11:51 PM

2 posts, read 14,596 times

Advertisements

My daughter is turning 3 in Dec this year and I wanted to be on the safe side and start looking for places to rent. Any ideas? I'm looking for a place that will keep my daughter and her friends occupied. Between children and adults there would be at least 50 people invited. I plan on spending $500 max... I just need some ideas! I live in the Schaumburg area so anything from 15-20mi. radius would be reasonable! THANKS!

Moderator: If you want all members to be able to read your post and respond , it would helpful to use the default color in your next post..

Last edited by linicx; 08-19-2010 at 03:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2010, 03:45 AM

759 posts, read 3,143,434 times
You can check out Oaklee's Guide, they have a lot of coupons and ideas. It's hard having a child's party in the winter in this area due to the weather. For my daughter's b.d. in September, I usually have it in the backyard and rent an inflatable bouncer.

The problem is that most adults don't want to be held hostage at a Chuck E. Cheese for 3 hours, so you almost have to have a separate party just for the kids and have the adults over at a separate time. I've had this dilemna with my son who's birthday is in February.

Pump it Up on Roselle Road is nice, and the adults can play as well, but there is really nowhere to sit in the rooms. They were also a bit pricey the last time I checked.

The Schaumburg Park District also has theme parties for kids, and they have recently added a lot of themes:

Schaumburg Park District > Programs > Parties > CRC & The Waterworks Parties

Old 06-24-2010, 12:29 PM

2 posts, read 14,596 times
Thanks so much! Funny we're actually going to check out Schaumburg's facilities this afternoon. I want to wait a few more years before we have it @ pump it up. ..

Sometimes I wonder if I should throw her a birthday party in the summer one of these years haha We've had the last 2 parties at the house and it just gets too crammed! THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOU HELP!

Old 08-19-2010, 08:30 AM

2 posts, read 20,261 times
We celebrated my daughter’s six birthday at MOD EDIT: NOT ENOUGH POSTS TO MAKE RECOMMENDATION. .

Last edited by linicx; 08-19-2010 at 03:18 PM..

Old 08-19-2010, 09:43 AM

133 posts, read 291,606 times
We went to a party at The Elk Grove Park Distict and it was in this awesome room that had a carousel in it. Great for younger kids, you might want to check out renting that room. Maybe they have a website you can look at.

Old 08-20-2010, 08:09 AM

5,479 posts, read 12,257,268 times
Latoff YMCA, in Des Plaines, has a gym with a kids playground/climbing area/ball pit. Maybe too young at 3, my kiddo had her 5th? birthday there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs