Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2007, 12:13 PM

1 posts, read 3,642 times

Advertisements

I am a 26 year old single professional female. I work downtown but live in the Elmhurst area. While I have family close by & friends in the city I would really like to build a network of quality friends in the Elmhurst area. Does anyone have any suggestions/recommendations of groups, classes, organizations, or churches that might be worth checking out or getting involved with in the area?

Thank you in advance for your help!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2007, 05:05 PM

474 posts, read 2,539,081 times
Default A Church Group Is The Safest For A Young Lady

Dear Friend:

The safest method for finding young adult friends in Elmhurst or any other community is to visit a number of different Elmhurst churches that include young people. So I would initially recommend Grace Bible Church, 398 Eggleston Avenue, Elmhurst, IL.

Some churches have more older people than young adults. That's because young adults want to associate with young adults. And if there are not many young adults, then they move on.

So if Grace Bible does not contain many young people to your liking, then choose a larger church such as a 'Community Bible Church'.

If you do not know of any other church then do an "Elmhurst Churches" search on Google.

Church attending people are extremely nice and a far much better place to meet young adults rather than visiting a local pub.

As I have mentioned in other threads, if you meet someone in a given pub - - then quite soon, 'you' won't be able to characterize such a person. In fact, maybe you will no longer be able to stand up.

I hope this helps you.

Your Friend,

Carter Glass,
Wheaton, IL

Old 11-05-2007, 06:45 AM

4,721 posts, read 15,615,586 times
You might try Elmhurst College and check out its activites and classes. Though you are past the college set, they offer nite classes,concerts etc. Also, the library and the Park dist. have sponsered functions available as well. Places like "Fitzgeralds" have live music on fri,sat nites and it is packed. As Carter stated, there are also many churches with activities if that is more to your liking. I dont know what your denomination is, but theres a church for everyone.

Old 11-05-2007, 08:02 AM

5,652 posts, read 19,351,543 times
Maybe get involved in the park district classes. Elmhurst has a great park district.

Also grace bible is a good congregation. I was not a member, but many neighbors were when I was growing up there, thus I knew many members. There are numerous churches in Elmhurst, some of the roman catholic ones may have singles catholics clubs that schedule activities.

There are also many clubs in elmhurst that you can join. If you have any special interests. Contact the park district about those as well.

Old 12-30-2008, 09:03 AM

358 posts, read 847,636 times
Hi single, if you're into sports at all, check and see if there is coed recreation at the park district.

Old 12-30-2008, 12:08 PM

82 posts, read 394,480 times
check meetup.com for groups that match your interests

Old 12-30-2008, 12:14 PM

149 posts, read 831,078 times
We are at the same age, and I am looking to make friend in our community too. I guess volunteering would be help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by single_in_the_burbs View Post
I am a 26 year old single professional female. I work downtown but live in the Elmhurst area. While I have family close by & friends in the city I would really like to build a network of quality friends in the Elmhurst area. Does anyone have any suggestions/recommendations of groups, classes, organizations, or churches that might be worth checking out or getting involved with in the area?

Thank you in advance for your help!!

Old 12-30-2008, 05:15 PM

88 posts, read 324,017 times
Courts Plus is THE place to meet people, sign up for tennis or the zillion other activities they offer (it is park district owned and operated). Volunteering at local animal shelters is another great way to meet other people (male and female). The DuPage Forest Preserve has numerous volunteer opportunities and they age groups varies depending on location. Good luck and I hope you have great results!

Old 12-31-2008, 08:54 AM

4,721 posts, read 15,615,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie View Post
Courts Plus is THE place to meet people
How true, my senior citizen mom met a new "boyfriend" at the Courts, and they are now an item. Works for all ages I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs