Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 05:51 PM

93 posts, read 369,286 times

Advertisements

Thanks so much! I was worried about that, because I didn't want to have to wait a whole year to be able to apply for jobs since I wouldn't be certified in IL by the time they are hiring! At least I know for the most part they don't care as long as you have the out of state certification!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2008, 05:02 PM

1,946 posts, read 7,375,392 times
Quote:
I do have friends that have 20+ years experience working in CPS schools and they all agree it is not lack of young teachers, nor lack of funds, nor the difficulty of the work that takes its toll so much as it is the hardening that happens as they are forced to care less and less about things that they realize are outside of their control.
You hit the nail on the head Chet.

Old 09-18-2008, 08:22 AM

19 posts, read 80,854 times
As with any state, there are public schools that have better reputations than others. I think that you should weigh more on the administration and team of colleagues than the student population because you can have great rapport with students from virtually anywhere--it's the team backing you up that you want in the difficult situations. For more options, you might want to consider the Montessori sector--like Park View or Brickton Montessori. If you're not certified Montessori, look at GuidedStudies.com. As a former public school teacher, I'm glad to have more to choose from in teaching. Good luck!

Old 09-18-2008, 09:25 PM

3 posts, read 6,209 times
Chicago Public Schools are always hiring. At least that is the case on the southside of Chicago. Many teachers who start in the middle of the year can start as a sub. Go get a sub-certificate and ID. You can sub in a school and get your foot in. You can get to know the school and teachers. You are almost guarenteed a job afterwards. We may be looking for a couple full time subs. I work at Nathan Davis, 47 and Damen, 773-535-4540. Our subs work full time...I mean everyday. We are huge. We have about 4-7 classrooms of each grade level.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
View detailed profiles of: