Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 12:36 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,225,245 times

Advertisements

Thanks for sharing.

Old 09-26-2010, 03:40 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,213,174 times
What did I say off topic?

Old 09-26-2010, 04:39 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,658,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
The devil and his spiritual hords is a very mentaly deceptive manipulator and has creative power over man and animals, that will fight man for his will to stay into the devil ways, which are 180 degrees from Jesus ideas, ... The prayer that people need for a clear mind and sound body, pushing the devil and his spiritual hords out of their life is to Accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and Command Jesus to get Holy Spirit into your life and through the power of the Blood of Lord Jesus Christ... which is NOT know in the Health communities or Hospitals and Doctors and beyond their knowledge.... But the power and truth that Christians have and Lord Jesus will give to them when they will believe .......
You know, and no offense, but one has to wonder if you are so wrapped up in your belief and religion that you actually believe what you have just typed here, if this is what your Christianity is about, then believe me you can keep it for yourself because I don't believe that anyone with even the slightest amount of intelligence is going to belief this drivel.

Old 09-26-2010, 06:12 PM

1,385 posts, read 2,454,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
After spending a lot of time on this forum - I have realized that there is no point in trying to convince many of these people that there is nothing wrong with homosexuality. They will never see the light. It saddens me greatly but I think the best that can be hoped for is tolerance - not love or acceptance. To me - this is a black and white issue - however what I see as black - they see as white. No amount of reason, compassion, love, or anything else in this world will ever open their minds or their hearts. Part of me thinks that even if God came down and told them himself that he created all of us and loves all of us - and that there is nothing wrong with homosexuals, that love is love - they would be prejudiced. I don't really see a solution. I think it's more important to teach the young people in this world to love and accept all people than to try to change the minds of people who will never see things in a different way.
That's just my two cents.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I don't know, that seems a little cynical (which, from reading your posts, doesn't seem like it fits you ). People change, and so do their views, but not usually suddenly.
Quote:
I guess it does sound cynical - which you are correct - isn't like me. But this is the one thing that absolutely breaks my heart. I can't tell you how much I have cried over all the hatred, bigotry, and intolerance over this. So many of the people I love most in this world are gay, and they are some of the most wonderful people I know. I love them so much. I don't see them as being any different from me at all. I don't understand why sexual orientation is even an issue. But after talking with so many people on this forum - and hearing them condemn homosexuals - saying they are sick and wrong and sinful and bad and evil and demonic - I guess it has gotten me down. And some of them even know gay people! I just don't get it. How can people believe such horrible things about people just because of their sexual orientation. To tell you the truth - it's enough to make me lose a little bit of faith in humanity. My father's people were Jews that escaped Europe because of the death camps. My mother is Japanese American and was born in the relocation camps during WWII. And today - people are still being persecuted for things they have no control over. It breaks my heart.
And I don't see any of the people on this forum changing. If anything - it seems that they just fight harder and hate more. It's very sad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I understand your frustration and appreciate your heart. If it helps to know, I am someone who believed for many, many years that homosexuality was an "abomination". Listening in on the conversations on message boards like this didn't change my mind immediately, but they (along with other things) did get me questioning my views and made me aware that my attitudes weren't loving in any way. I changed, but it was gradual, and it came with seeing the same things repeated time and again, in different ways, by many people ... so don't give up hope.
Quote:
You know - it seems that there have been many times in my life when I have started to lose faith with humanity - and then something happens to lift my spirits again! You are that something today! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I know this is just an online forum - but you have really made a difference to me today! I'm a little teary now! Thank you for reminding me to never lose hope and to never lose my faith in my fellow human beings! I will never stop trying to show others that love is the answer to everything -whatever your religion, whatever your beliefs - love is the answer!
You gals are so beautiful!

Old 09-26-2010, 06:38 PM

2,595 posts, read 4,440,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
most christians don't even know what homosexuality IS> homosexuality is NOT a lifestyle it is NOT a choice because it's not an action. homosexuality is an unchosen sexual orientation. The question is aking to asking if black people can be Christians. For some reasons many Christians perceive homosexuality to be a sinful life choice. If you actually TALK to gay people you will discover that those are untrue lies. Gay people know the MOST in this world on what homosexuality MEANS. When somoene says they are gay they are revealing their sexual orientation. They not telling you that they've even ever had sex. When someone tells me that they're straight there is no 'morality' being inferred. They're also not even inferring that they even have ever had sex, they're revealing their sexual orientation. They're revealing an UNCHOSEN sexual orientation... a part of their born core idenity. if you think a sexual orientation is a sin it's akin to thinking a skin color is a sin. Both were equally NOT chosen. Again, this is coming from the first hand source of a gay person
Homosexuality is a sin issue not a race issue. There is no law that says "Thou shalt not be black", but there is a law that says "Thou shalt not commit adultery". And adultery is any sex outside of marriage and marriage is defined by God as between one woman and one man. So, homosexuality is a sin.

The good news is that Jesus conquered sin. We no longer have to be bound by sin. We can come to Jesus and be free. It is written: "It was for freedom that Christ set us free". So, to the liar, sin no more, to the thief, sin no more and to the homosexual, sin no more.

So, Rlarson21, who can tell of freedom the man in prison or the man who has been set free? The man who has be set free of course and knows both the imprisonment and the freedom and the difference between the two. So, we look not to the homosexual for the answer of what homosexuality is, but to those who are free and know what bondage and sin homosexuality was for them.

Old 09-26-2010, 09:33 PM

381 posts, read 798,948 times
God looks at the heart. we cannot do that. no matter how hard we try. Jesus said come to me, all you who labor and are heavy laden....we all have burdens. I do not know, but maybe some homosexuals would want the burden removed.....some do not.....I cannot judge any homosexuals' heart and we all are called to work out our salvation... does God dinstinguish between sin? or did Jesus simply atone for it all? I think we know the answer. to me, it is ludicrous to debate a gay person about whether they are saved or love the Lord.... I am sure they are. John 3:16 declares it . I could not know. I am neither a judge nor can I discern their heart.....Geez, I have enough to deal with myself

Old 09-26-2010, 10:15 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
This is just the same subject as the Ops first posting IMO.

Old 09-26-2010, 10:29 PM

1,999 posts, read 4,996,363 times
Default take the long view

This sounds nice and kind, but the truth of the matter is that this nice sounding outside conceals an evil interior. Accepting of homosexual behavior is granting sexual license against the moral law written on our hearts; which always results in social repercussions beyond what is initially apparent.

While people may be born with homosexual inclinations this does not make acting on those inclinations right. Many people may have these homosexual inclinations but few act on them due to society pressure; just like people have the inclination to heroin as a vice but do not take up the vice because of social pressure. It feels really natural to light up a smoke in the morning if you have that vice but that does not mean it is natural or morally right. Removing the pressure and accepting these acts will lead to social anarchy as the population forgoes forming nuclear families to engage in promiscuous sex. Issuing sexual license is the spread of sexual vice. Today is the first time in 2,000 years that children are being schooled that this behavior is the same as heterosexual behavior. There will be unintended consequences that are not being accounted for. The repercussions of homosexuality becoming acceptable may not be readily apparent in the same way that no-fault divorce surprisingly lead to millions of children living in poverty. These breaches of the moral law may take a few generation for the society busting seeds to sow.

This is morally wrong not because a man says they are wrong but because of natural moral law. A society of mostly homosexuals will not survive for more than a few generations. There are many empirical reasons to observe; two of which are low birthrates and increased sexual disease transmission. It is society's duty to support heterosexual marriage for its critical role in creating children and passing the values of the civilization to the next generation. This role that marriage fills can not be stressed enough as once this value is marginialized it is very difficult to recreate- see Detroit for an example of a place that has lost this value and see how hard it would be to recreate the value of heterosexual marriage in that city.

Heterosexual marriage is not a union of convenience or a union to crease pleasurable but fleeting muscles spasms. It is the heart of civilization. It protects women and children. A northern European Anglo-culture like the US may not be able to appreciate this but civilizations that accept/promote homosexuality are vulnerable to takeover by other civilizations that keep the moral law. There is vigor and strength in the heterosexual marriage.

Homosexuality when rampant becomes a culture of death. Since the homosexual sex acts do not have a reproductive purpose homosexual acts are purely sexual vice. The promotion of this vice -it is being promoted in schools- hinders a peoples ability to reproduce from generation to generation. This is a topic that has to be looked at from the long term view as the effects are most obvious over a few generations. Without the natural reproductive purpose homosexual relationships lack the natural bond that heterosexual bonds have and are often transient in nature.

Quote:
· The Dutch study of partnered homosexuals, which was published in the journal AIDS, found that men with a steady partner had an average of eight sexual partners per year

Bell and Weinberg, in their classic study of male and female homosexuality, found that 43 percent of white male homosexuals had sex with 500 or more partners, with 28 percent having one thousand or more sex partners
From a practical viewpoint one can observe many drawbacks for excessive homosexual behavior. The astronomical promiscuity associated with the homosexual community leads to the explosive spread of venereal disease. In fact it was the homosexual community that drove the spread of HIV in the 1970's-1980's which affected all of us. In places without sexual morality venereal disease can bring a society to their knees. It is also documented that homosexuals have a youthful ideal of beauty which leads to documented increase in pedophilia. A moral wrong like homosexuality can never be a civil right; the repercussions for rampant homosexuality will destroy a civilization within a few generations. While homosexuals are not bad people the critical thing is to keep homosexual acts in check.

The 2,000 year repression of homosexuality is what has sustained the Christian West for hundreds of generations. If we ignore the moral law and issue sexual license against it the resulting consequences will be a cross to bear for your children and grandchildren. Over and over and over again the decadent acceptance of homosexuality leads to the destruction of civilization. Those who forget the past are doomed to relive it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzly Friddle View Post
You gals are so beautiful!

Last edited by samyn on the green; 09-26-2010 at 11:10 PM..

Old 09-26-2010, 11:40 PM

1,615 posts, read 2,575,091 times
Homosexuality is a sin issue not a race issue. There is no law that says "Thou shalt not be black", but there is a law that says "Thou shalt not commit adultery". And adultery is any sex outside of marriage and marriage is defined by God as between one woman and one man. So, homosexuality is a sin.

Homosexuality is NOT an action. It's a SEXUAL ORIENTATION. You have an unchosen sexual orientation as well. Again, you are incorect. IT IS akin to race as they are both unchosen traits. ONE exterior (skin color) and one INTERIOR (sexual orientations)

Old 09-27-2010, 12:03 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samyn on the green View Post
This sounds nice and kind, but the truth of the matter is that this nice sounding outside conceals an evil interior. Accepting of homosexual behavior is granting sexual license against the moral law written on our hearts; which always results in social repercussions beyond what is initially apparent.

While people may be born with homosexual inclinations this does not make acting on those inclinations right. Many people may have these homosexual inclinations but few act on them due to society pressure; just like people have the inclination to heroin as a vice but do not take up the vice because of social pressure. It feels really natural to light up a smoke in the morning if you have that vice but that does not mean it is natural or morally right. Removing the pressure and accepting these acts will lead to social anarchy as the population forgoes forming nuclear families to engage in promiscuous sex. Issuing sexual license is the spread of sexual vice. Today is the first time in 2,000 years that children are being schooled that this behavior is the same as heterosexual behavior. There will be unintended consequences that are not being accounted for. The repercussions of homosexuality becoming acceptable may not be readily apparent in the same way that no-fault divorce surprisingly lead to millions of children living in poverty. These breaches of the moral law may take a few generation for the society busting seeds to sow.

This is morally wrong not because a man says they are wrong but because of natural moral law. A society of mostly homosexuals will not survive for more than a few generations. There are many empirical reasons to observe; two of which are low birthrates and increased sexual disease transmission. It is society's duty to support heterosexual marriage for its critical role in creating children and passing the values of the civilization to the next generation. This role that marriage fills can not be stressed enough as once this value is marginialized it is very difficult to recreate- see Detroit for an example of a place that has lost this value and see how hard it would be to recreate the value of heterosexual marriage in that city.

Heterosexual marriage is not a union of convenience or a union to crease pleasurable but fleeting muscles spasms. It is the heart of civilization. It protects women and children. A northern European Anglo-culture like the US may not be able to appreciate this but civilizations that accept/promote homosexuality are vulnerable to takeover by other civilizations that keep the moral law. There is vigor and strength in the heterosexual marriage.

Homosexuality when rampant becomes a culture of death. Since the homosexual sex acts do not have a reproductive purpose homosexual acts are purely sexual vice. The promotion of this vice -it is being promoted in schools- hinders a peoples ability to reproduce from generation to generation. This is a topic that has to be looked at from the long term view as the effects are most obvious over a few generations. Without the natural reproductive purpose homosexual relationships lack the natural bond that heterosexual bonds have and are often transient in nature.

From a practical viewpoint one can observe many drawbacks for excessive homosexual behavior. The astronomical promiscuity associated with the homosexual community leads to the explosive spread of venereal disease. In fact it was the homosexual community that drove the spread of HIV in the 1970's-1980's which affected all of us. In places without sexual morality venereal disease can bring a society to their knees. It is also documented that homosexuals have a youthful ideal of beauty which leads to documented increase in pedophilia. A moral wrong like homosexuality can never be a civil right; the repercussions for rampant homosexuality will destroy a civilization within a few generations. While homosexuals are not bad people the critical thing is to keep homosexual acts in check.

The 2,000 year repression of homosexuality is what has sustained the Christian West for hundreds of generations. If we ignore the moral law and issue sexual license against it the resulting consequences will be a cross to bear for your children and grandchildren. Over and over and over again the decadent acceptance of homosexuality leads to the destruction of civilization. Those who forget the past are doomed to relive it.
You are very ignorant on homosexuality. I suggest you educate yourself. Perhaps go to a gay organization and actually meet some gay people. They are actually human beings. They are just like everyone else.
And please, please, please - a bunch of us tried to get through to you on another thread - homosexuals are not pedophiles. Homosexuality does not lead to pedophilia. They are two completely different things. There is absolutely no excuse for this kind of ignorance in this day and age. You can be intolerant, you can be judgemental, you can be bigotted - but you cannot continue this ignorance. Homosexuality has nothing to do with pedophilia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity