Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2011, 11:47 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,495,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
No, no... I majored in writing, so I can read quite well, thank you. I'm quite capable of reading the story and seeing that it has nothing to do with homosexuality.

And if God met the two of us today, I'd much rather be in my shoes than yours.

Genesis 19: 4-5 (NIV)

" Before they had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom—both young and old—surrounded the house.
They called to Lot, “Where are the men who came to you tonight?
Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them.”

The KJV used the phrase "to know them" .... to "know them" in the Biblical sense is sexual relations.

I'd much rather you get out of your hate shoes and into God's truth.

Old 05-12-2011, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Actually it is just an expectation that you hold yourself to your own system of belief, if you believe a practicing homosexual will reap Gods judgment in some manner, then if you shave, you will be subject to the same.

You said I was making empty threats in my last post, but it is you who believe certain biblical threats are real and you will include homosexuality in them. So if you shave then are those threats empty coming from your system of belief or not?
You know the list of who isn't going to recieve eternal life .... shaving isn't listed.

Old 05-12-2011, 12:24 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,948,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
You know the list of who isn't going to recieve eternal life .... shaving isn't listed.

Neither is homosexual.

Old 05-12-2011, 12:28 PM

869 posts, read 972,482 times
[LEFT]
Quote:
This post is a good example of what the thread title is pointing out.

Not at all. You see, the post claims that Christians don't know what homosexuality involves as if homosexuality were such a deep concept. It isn't. In fact, it is clearly defined for us in the Bible itself and Has BEEN REPEATEDLY BROUGHT TO YOUR ATTENTIUON TO NO AVAIL. Instead you repeatedly propose your own definitions and reject the clear biblical ones which even a child can understand. So what you folks are doing on this thread and many others like it-is assuming the stance of invincible ignorance. In short, you are not here to reason it seems.

It seems the pro homo attempts are merely to derail the thread and stage some sort of protest against a book and a religion disagreed with. To which I propose that you simply move on and form a religion of your own where your sexual preferences will be approved by the book that you would then call holy.

The pro-homo posts also say that homosexuality involves love, = irrelevant
That Jesus died for us all, = irrelevant since he requires moral obedience for salvation
That we should not judge, = misinterpretation since we are told to evaluate behavior
That Christians hate the persons practicing homosexuality. = a lie. Only the behavior is hated.

You see, such arguments do not neutralize the clear condemnations against homosexuality. If indeed they did, then homosexuality would not be condemned in the NT and it is. As has been repeatedly brought to your attention but to no perceivable avail, John condemns it in Revelation, Paul condemns it in Romans, Jude condemns it in Jude and compares it with going after strange flesh. So it isn't a matter of Mosaic Law. It's a matter of Christian prohibition against it.

BTW
As for the practices I mentioned, it doesn't matter how far two people of the same sex go. If they make erotic love in any degree or form imaginable, it is biblically condemned.[/LEFT]

Old 05-12-2011, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radrook View Post
[LEFT]

Not at all. You see, the post claims that Christians don't know what homosexuality involves as if homosexuality were such a deep concept. It isn't. In fact, it is clearly defined for us in the Bible itself and Has BEEN REPEATEDLY BROUGHT TO YOUR ATTENTIUON TO NO AVAIL. Instead you repeatedly propose your own definitions and reject the clear biblical ones which even a child can understand. So what you folks are doing on this thread and many others like it-is assuming the stance of invincible ignorance. In short, you are not here to reason it seems.

It seems the pro homo attempts are merely to derail the thread and stage some sort of protest against a book and a religion disagreed with. To which I propose that you simply move on and form a religion of your own where your sexual preferences will be approved by the book that you would then call holy.

The pro-homo posts also say that homosexuality involves love, = irrelevant
That Jesus died for us all, = irrelevant since he requires moral obedience for salvation
That we should not judge, = misinterpretation since we are told to evaluate behavior
That Christians hate the persons practicing homosexuality. = a lie. Only the behavior is hated.

You see, such arguments do not neutralize the clear condemnations against homosexuality. If indeed they did, then homosexuality would not be condemned in the NT and it is. As has been repeatedly brought to your attention but to no perceivable avail, John condemns it in Revelation, Paul condemns it in Romans, Jude condemns it in Jude and compares it with going after strange flesh. So it isn't a matter of Mosaic Law. It's a matter of Christian prohibition against it.

BTW
As for the practices I mentioned, it doesn't matter how far two people of the same sex go. If they make erotic love in any degree or form imaginable, it is biblically condemned.[/LEFT]

Well of course, when it is shown that the bible does not clearly talk of behavior that defines homosexuality then you have to revert back to a general and vague idea that any interaction is condemned.

You do this because you cannot clearly define homosexuality as wrong in the bible any more than what the bible says about behavior condemns heterosexuality.

Last edited by Phazelwood; 05-12-2011 at 12:49 PM..

Old 05-12-2011, 01:03 PM

3,066 posts, read 3,724,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radrook View Post
They think God created Adam and Steve instead of Adam and Eve. They also think that the rectum, which is an organ of foul smelling body waste elimination is a copulatory one. They also believe that nothing can be biblically inferred if it goes against their sexual preferences. In short, they are rewriting the Bible and demanding that we accept their twisted interpretations while cunningly complaining that they are being treated unjustly when told what the Bible plainly says. They have even gone so far as to say that Jesus himself was a homosexual.

BTW
Funny but I don't see homosexuals attempting to mess with the Koran or their prophet Mohammed that way. Maybe because the Moslem believer tends to react a bit severely.
RESPONSE:

There may be some scriptural support for this view.

Actually, there was apparently more than one version of the Gospel of Mark. This one is termed "The Secret Gospel of Mark."

"And the young man looked at him and loved him and began to call him alongside to be with him. And he went out of the tomb and went into the house of the young man, for he was rich. And after six days Jesus commanded him. And when it was late the young man goes to him, dressed with a shroud upon his naked body, and remained with him that night. For Jesus taught him the mystery of the kingdom of God. And from there he turned to the other side of the Jordan."

This seems to be supported by the traditional Gospel of Mark.

Mark 14:51 " A certain young man was following him, wearing nothing but a linen cloth. They caught hold of him, but he left the linen cloth and ran off naked" (NRSV)

Old 05-12-2011, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Neither is homosexual.
Then this is about what you believe ... isn't it.

Old 05-12-2011, 01:05 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,231,957 times
Quote:
Genesis 19: 4-5 (NIV)

" Before they had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom—both young and old—surrounded the house.
They called to Lot, “Where are the men who came to you tonight?
Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them.”

The KJV used the phrase "to know them" .... to "know them" in the Biblical sense is sexual relations.

I'd much rather you get out of your hate shoes and into God's truth.
What does gang rape have to do with consensual sex between two men in love? Wait, I'll answer for you. Nothing

Old 05-12-2011, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Then this is about what you believe ... isn't it.

No, not at all, it still applies to your belief system, if a homosexual can be said to not gain eternal life then if you shave or do not follow any of the other laws, you will reap the same fate, or are you saying someone who does not follow Gods law gets eternal life with God.

The idea that a homosexual is listed as someone who will not gain eternal life is inferred by other traits that are applied to homosexuality.

The same can be done with shaving, if you shave (among other laws you do not abide by) then you are willfully disobeying God. So the same inference can be used to show that YOU still are subject to the same fate you say the bible applies to the homosexual

Last edited by Phazelwood; 05-12-2011 at 01:21 PM..

Old 05-12-2011, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
What does gang rape have to do with consensual sex between two men in love? Wait, I'll answer for you. Nothing
That's right .... you're wanton refusal of the obvious has nothing to do with it.

Leviticus 18:22
“ ‘Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable.' "

Leviticus 20:13
“ ‘If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.' "

"their blood will be on their own heads" .... God had the last laugh with the invincible arrogance of Sodom & Gomorrah.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity