Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 07:20 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,744,052 times

Advertisements

... the moment a formerly gay individual comes out and narrates his experience of giving up on a lifestyle, he is immediately branded a liar by the detractors? LOL

Is it some form of self-reassurance of their baseless belief in a lifestyle that has neither been proven true by science nor genetics??

And some of these accuse us of believing without proof. My biggest pet peeve today is double standard

Given that most of the detractors are heterosexual, I wonder how they know a lifestyle better than a former gay person who is renouncing it. It just doesn't cut it, fellas
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2010, 07:40 PM

June and Miss Blue, posting error here. I meant to post this thread in the C sub-forum. Please move it

Old 12-22-2010, 09:30 PM

2,287 posts, read 2,590,588 times
My simple answer would be because there is no such thing as a gay lifestyle, just as there is no straight lifestyle.

Gay's have LIVES, not lifestyles.

Old 12-22-2010, 11:34 PM

37,485 posts, read 61,466,561 times
I have noticed it as well.

After growing up in an era where it was thought a mental disorder; and watching as it slowly became 'normal' and then 'encouraged'; now it seems that any data that it may be the result of mercury poisoning and may be reversible is taken is offensive.

Old 12-23-2010, 05:19 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,631,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
... the moment a formerly gay individual comes out and narrates his experience of giving up on a lifestyle, he is immediately branded a liar by the detractors? LOL

Is it some form of self-reassurance of their baseless belief in a lifestyle that has neither been proven true by science nor genetics??

And some of these accuse us of believing without proof. My biggest pet peeve today is double standard

Given that most of the detractors are heterosexual, I wonder how they know a lifestyle better than a former gay person who is renouncing it. It just doesn't cut it, fellas
Hey there Chamataka!!! Where ya been? I agree, the "walking out of homosexuality" thread has some seriously double standard statements and the poor OP found himself defending what he said!! I think if anyone should know what was going on it would be the OP himself.

Old 12-23-2010, 06:03 AM

33,567 posts, read 37,175,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post

After growing up in an era where it was thought a mental disorder; and watching as it slowly became 'normal' and then 'encouraged'; now it seems that any data that it may be the result of mercury poisoning and may be reversible is taken is offensive.
The reason for that is that recently science has proven that homosexuals brains are wired differently...They are born to be attracted to the same sex.
You need to accept that being gay is NOT a choice, anymore than you made a choice to be attracted to the opposite sex.

Old 12-23-2010, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
The reason for that is that recently science has proven that homosexuals brains are wired differently...They are born to be attracted to the same sex.
You need to accept that being gay is NOT a choice, anymore than you made a choice to be attracted to the opposite sex.
Don't kid yourself, SP. Biological/genetical proof does not exist, while theories abound.

Nobody wants theories. You reject the Biblical theories, remember?

Consistency, please

Old 12-23-2010, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post

Yeah, that has had its own evolution Only in America, LOL.

Old 12-23-2010, 07:08 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,690,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post

Homosexuality is a "lifestyle" like the color of your eyes is a lifestyle.

Old 12-23-2010, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Hey there Chamataka!!! Where ya been? I agree, the "walking out of homosexuality" thread has some seriously double standard statements and the poor OP found himself defending what he said!! I think if anyone should know what was going on it would be the OP himself.
Just took a short break from R&P, owing to the overflowing negativity from the followers of all religions (atheism included )

Besides, I was getting into quarrels and that was a pain for Juno and Miss Blue, both of whom I have come to grow fond of So, I went off and still hung out in other forums like those of investing, Connecticut and NYC.

Merry Christmas to you too.

I spent yesterday reading through that thread. I think it offends the detractors very much if someone is renouncing homosexuality. That hits them hard on their minds I guess, that they are believing in a lie. And that's why they are all riled up and up in arms against the person who is going through it.

After all, it gives the rest of us another form of documentable proof about how the choice of homosexuality can be avoided. So, the anger is pretty much understandable.

What is bizarre is the blatant double standard which goes as far as calling the person a liar. It's like the wolf that called the grapes sour. It's as simple as that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity